Dynadot

.edu

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
is their a way for just anyone to purchase .edu

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No, you have to been an accredited school. To get accreditation is fairly expensive, and more importantly, takes a year and usually more.

jonesbs said:
is their a way for just anyone to purchase .edu

•••
I believe that you may buy an organization that has grandfathered rights to .edu

-Steve

•••
And .edu is not even a cctld, but a gtld.

•••
Additionally, ive yet to see a .edu site that want for a school or educational purpose, without monetization or for the sale of other products. If you were to somehow get one it may raise flags immediately if you were to attempt monetize it (linkfarms, ads etc), and be considered abusive to the terms of owning a .edu domain.

•••
closed

closed

Last edited:
•••
uni said:
Indeed, you cannot register/buy EDUs directly, instead you have to acquire a school (company), which owns the grandfathered EDU (grandfathered EDUs are those registered prior to 2001). There are very few of such cases, and consequently there are no more than 5-7 EDU transactions per year.

I periodically help broker schools/EDU domains. If you have questions or want to be notified when such deal comes up, drop me a note.

Any idea of the price range of these deals?

Thanks.

•••
closed

closed

Last edited:
•••
closed

closed

Last edited:
•••
You can register .edu.eu domains if education institution located in European economic area or project about education

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back