eDomains/Catched.com got hacked?

SpaceshipSpaceship
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Hypersot

Top Member
Impact
4,282
Just tried to visit them and got a 'got hacked' page.

Can anyone check?
 
4
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
This is what I get when visiting edomains.com
1783341022974.png
 
2
•••
What happened?
 
1
•••
2
•••
From what I can see it looks like a ransomware related incident but I would not say it is confirmed yet The name CACTUS shown on the page does not necessarily mean the real CACTUS ransomware group is behind it That group has already faced major law enforcement action and many threat actors use famous ransomware names to create pressure It could also be that their hosting server or DNS was compromised and this page was placed there So far I have not seen any confirmed data leak posted anywhere Lets see what happens next I will keep an eye on it.

Most likely some random beginners or threat actors managed to compromise their DNS settings or hosting and redirected the domain to this page We still do not know exactly what happened so it is too early to confirm anything I wish I could get in touch with the edomains.com team I would be happy to help them investigate restore the service and clean up the compromise. They just need to point their nameservers back to their hosting server and run a malware scan or i can help.

Below is the real Cactus group which was taken down long time ago by agencies.

1783344420983.png

1783344599766.png

1783344620867.png



1783344353843.png
 

Attachments

  • 1783344501148.png
    1783344501148.png
    117.6 KB · Views: 14
1
•••
I checked and the website appears to be hosted at Hetzner so one possibility is that the hosting account may have been compromised rather than the domain itself If that is the case the priority would be to regain access to the hosting panel investigate the compromise and restore a clean backup.

I just submitted an abuse report & also notified about this abuse to the Hetzner.com team so they are aware of the situation Since they do not appear to have a support ticket system on their website so notified them on X and LinkedIn Hopefully the issue gets resolved quickly.

1783345629764.png


1783345609310.png

1783345589054.png
 
1
•••
It seems both websites are live again.

It is strange but, Kaspersky gave me alerts for many days now every time I tried to visit edomains.com . It didn't block the website but it went crazy with 'Threat of data loss' messages.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back