Domain Empire

eCop is now more expensive than Escrow.com on small deals.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I haven't used eCop in a few months so when it came time to making a $300 purchase I decided to use them thinking that they were still offering free transactions below $500. Apparently not! The fee is now 2%, plus 4% if making paypal/credit card payment. Add an additional 4% that paypal charges the seller once he gets paid and the total cost of the transaction is 10%. Not worth it, in my opinion...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I haven't used eCop in a few months so when it came time to making a $300 purchase I decided to use them thinking that they were still offering free transactions below $500. Apparently not! The fee is now 2%, plus 4% if making paypal/credit card payment. Add an additional 4% that paypal charges the seller once he gets paid and the total cost of the transaction is 10%. Not worth it, in my opinion...

What? You expect something for nothing?

How do you think eCop will make a profit if it continues giving away auction space for free?

Actually, 10% is cheap.

If you want "free," set up your own site!

•••

What? You expect something for nothing?

How do you think eCop will make a profit if it continues giving away auction space for free?

Actually, 10% is cheap.

If you want "free," set up your own site!

I don't expect free. I'm comparing ecop to escrow.com. IMO, Escrow.com is a better value. Also, since eCop used to be free, I'm notifying people about the change so they don't make the same mistake I made. Is that ok with you or should I repost when you're in a better mood?

•••
There is no minimum fee anymore. This is why they charge a fee for small transactions. And a 2% fee is really funny , when the transaction is <$500.

•••
I don't expect free. I'm comparing ecop to escrow.com. IMO, Escrow.com is a better value. Also, since eCop used to be free, I'm notifying people about the change so they don't make the same mistake I made. Is that ok with you or should I repost when you're in a better mood?

Carry on (as in "continue").

:)

Sometimes it's difficult to tell "tone" of the written post, so my apologies.

D-:

•••
:talk:

franco knows how to empty your pockets!'

:)

•••
The free under $500 deal was just a ploy to get registered customers and establish some footing in the game. Standard strategy by any new firm. The question is would they be as attractive as they were before the introduction of fees compared to their competitors? I find doing business with escrow.com much simpler and smoother.

Last edited:
•••
I really Like eCop. Never had a issue.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back