Ebay buys RENT.com for 415 million!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
ya..not just the domain alone though...but
415 million :tri: :tri:

ebay buys rent.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
415 Million
mmm.... thinking of what i can do with that money ...

•••
well even to ebay that is actually quite alot, which goes to show that rent.com is going to make them alot of money.

•••
:o Just wow, nearly half a billion.

•••
I don't think it's real. My guess is that back in 199* an eBay official registered the domain, then in 2005 (now) they "bought" it from themselves, and got a tax deduction for it.

Something like that. Same with about.com

•••
I have a funny feeling this is going to become a very popular website. I think it may become the next eBay or maby they have plans for something else? Who knows??

Regards,

•••
<counting on fingers> that's alot!! ;)

It amazes me when I hear of deals like this and me, I still have to look at the price side of the menu at McDonald's!

Darkfire001 said:
:o Just wow, nearly half a billion.

•••
that is crazy! I dont know if i would buy it for that much haha.

•••
I don't even have that much :(
gratz to the guy that had rent.com

•••
I wouldn't be suprised if it's true. It would account for them raising the month Store rates from $9 to $15... and change. What other company gets away with a ... 65%+/- hike in rates?? I closed my store! :|

Lyte

•••
I never knew ebay was so rich lol

•••
yes, ebay has a turnover of something like $7.2 billion but at the moment only a small amount of profit probably because they are reinvesting so much which shows that they are to become alot bigger.

•••
If I'd own eBay I'd sell it for 6,000,000,000 to like Microsoft, donate 1,000,000,000 to the asian relief $hit and live a good life :]

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back