NameSilo

.us e-mail.us - Almost!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
seaching domain names, e-mail.us comes up avaiable, in the middle of trying to purchase it someone else gets it! wtf man! thats some bs! Anyone can give me an idea of how much of a loss that is for me :p booo

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
seaching domain names, e-mail.us comes up avaiable, in the middle of trying to purchase it someone else gets it! wtf man! thats some bs! Anyone can give me an idea of how much of a loss that is for me booo

Dont Worry.. Happens all the time :(

or sumthing liek it... A Really Good doamin expires ,then gets snapped up last minute :(

•••
i think ive been in the same situation as you.. but this time it was for a reseller package..
you set every thing out.. and bam.. some one else has got it!

•••
Also happens when a hot new product or technology gets announced and the first couple of people that see the announcement begin vying to be first in line. The night that I heard that Chase's BlinkCard was announced, I was beat to the punch on the .com, but had the .net in my cart. I took 2 minutes to check the status of 3-4 other names, and when I went to check out, the net had been regged and was no longer avail. Over the next few hours, there was a chase on for Blink technology names that was intense but amusing at the same time. ("Blink" refers to RFID technology as it applies to a "blinker" that the customer passes a "touchless" credit card in front of, in lieu of of the card being "swiped" by the checkout person at the sales counter.)
Although I wasn't involved in the Vista "chase" on day one, I imagine that a similar scenario took place on day/hour one, after the announcement.

Last edited:
•••
rproctor said:
seaching domain names, e-mail.us comes up avaiable, in the middle of trying to purchase it someone else gets it! wtf man! thats some bs! Anyone can give me an idea of how much of a loss that is for me :p booo
It greatly depends on what you're using to check the availability.
For example, whois.sc namespinner will show a name as available if it has no nameservers assigned to it. There are various quirks with other products, too.

In your particular case (e-mail.us), the name was not available to start with (unless this is a 3-year old story). Here's data:

Last Transferred Date: Thu Nov 06 16:05:44 GMT 2003
Domain Registration Date: Wed Apr 24 14:02:12 GMT 2002
Domain Expiration Date: Sun Apr 23 23:59:59 GMT 2006
Domain Last Updated Date: Mon Apr 18 18:10:12 GMT 2005

It was regged in 2002, changed hands in 2003, and been active ever since.

•••
It greatly depends on what you're using to check the availability.
Case in point. In another thread, I ran a check that showed that a name had been renewed. Someone else's check, (run at the whois of the registrar that the DNS for the name was listed under, no less), showed that it hadn't been renewed. For whatever the reason, (often because the whois server updates are slow), these glitches are fairly common.

(BTW, in my example above, I was using the same whois server, so I can be fairly certain that the name was indeed regged within a 2 minute window.)

Last edited:
•••
oh, never mind, cant always get what we want, I'd hate that though :D

•••
I guess you tried to reg it with DomainSite, I have had also problems like that with Domainsite, it shows that domain is avaiable, but when you try to reg it you get an error

•••
That is a good domain! I feel for those who miss out on good domains.

•••
well, at least you tried, why not just put it on backorder now?

•••
No word of a lie I was looking at a name last night. Get up today and gone :notme:

I should have got it when I could have
And I bet it was one of you guys :p

•••
rproctor said:

I feel sorry for you dude, e-mail.us is a good domain. Wish you good luck in the next hunt.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back