IT.COM

Dynamic Parking Idea

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I just wanted this to have its own thread so I put it here. I checked and DS already owns dynamicparking.com but I have other domains and ideas that would work better.

here's the original post
calian said:
Here's another idea: Start another domain parking service. However, give the domain owners near total control over what their parking page looks like. That means if they want to hand code the entire page in html, add flash animation, javascripts, whatever - let them. This way parked domains would still be easy to administer and the stats would all be available in a centralized location, but they would look like individual sites to both visitors and search engines. Take it a step further and allow the domainers to integrate value adding dynamic content like webmail, daily comics, rss feeds, image searches, quotes, etc. This would be the ultimate in domain parking if you could hold a diverse portfolio of domains and each one would be nearly indestinguishable from a developed site. See math.com for an example of what could be done under this system. The only requirement is that they have to integrate your code for advertising and statistics purposes and can't run their own ads.

What do you guy's think? I know I would move some domains over if this became available.

So far it seems like the best idea would be to use Google for the ads both because of their large number of available keyworks and because their place in the market means they are not a competitor.

On a technical level I would restrict each site to 150k per page load including graphics etc. to make sure people were not using the service to serve images/videos etc.

Regarding possible click fraud I would start the service up and only allow those who had invested $500+ to use it for the first 60-90 days while the technical team fine tuned the system to work best for everyone. This way those using the service have a vested interest in its success and click fraud should not be likely until the service was released to the public by which time measures would hopefully be in place to respond to it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
hark said:
I am one of those -- as soon as I determine it is a PPC page I am out of there.
same - everytime i see a parked domain, I think of the sucker who put it up thinking people would acctually click on the links! lol

•••
Well Doggie there are thousands every day who click those links.

•••
equity78 said:
i know that... but its just natural instinct. I used to make loads, but everytime i get to one of their sites I never click anything. Makes me feel like I am "foiling their plans" lol. I never said it dosen't work. :)

•••
equity78 said:
Perhaps, but there are millions of internet users. I find it's worth doing the extra work to cater to the larger portion of the marke

•••
unless i missed something my problem with the suggestion is why would i spend all that time designing it on let say sedo and have them take a cut of the ads that i got them.

Why not make a website the way you want then get a free host or something and then link it as a website for sell on sedo. You get all the money from adsense and it would require the same amount of work.

•••
MY thoughts Exactly and I do exactly the same thing here in Australia
One page Website for Client with My ads for Free or Their Ads for Low Cost.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back