Dynadot

analysis Dropped domain sold.

NameSilo
Watch

arjun29

Top Member
Impact
it is a dot life domain. I registered and put in afternic. It got expired and another person registered it. Yesterday I got an email from afternic that it got sold at 100$.
Takeaway of the story: shit happens :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Take heart that happens always.

•••
badluck for you but good luck for others

•••
Or someone else, who might be a domainer, just paid $100 for a domain name that they may or may not be able to re-sell ...

•••
I accidentally let 5 or 6 names drop in December (november renewals due), Just stupidity, oversight and not keeping an eye on my renewal dates to blame.

All went through Godaddy auctions totaling over $3,000+ end bids. I debated about paying the recovery costs but with money tight in December and they certainly weren't my best by a long shot. one I still hold the singular for that the plural went for $1,000.

all .coms apart from one .org

Incidently had a confirmed sale at Sedo for $3,600 that same month, cancelled by Sedo after payment due to fraudulent use of a credit card Buyer from Tunisia .(No transfer of domain)

So not a very good month for me either

Last edited:
•••
Things happen for a reason.

Stay Blessed!

•••
I accidentally let 5 or 6 names drop in December (november renewals due), Just stupidity, oversight and not keeping an eye on my renewal dates to blame.

All went through Godaddy auctions totaling over $3,000+ end bids. I debated about paying the recovery costs but with money tight in December and they certainly weren't my best by a long shot. one I still hold the singular for that the plural went for $1,000.

all .coms apart from one .org

Incidently had a confirmed sale at Sedo for $3,600 that same month, cancelled by Sedo after payment due to fraudulent use of a credit card Buyer from Tunisia .(No transfer of domain)

So not a very good month for me either
I got distracted during my divorce and let a domain name get away from me that later sold for $10,000.00.

It happens.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back