Dynadot

Dropcatcher

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello there,
i recently purchased snatcher 2.4.9 from n3twork.com i'm already getting the feeling that i've been ripped off. i like to know if anybody has used this product and if it has worked. so far i have not been able to get it running on windows7 using php programs. i like to her your thoughts about this product. is this a scam? im not sure if i should start a paypal dispute just yet.
thank you in advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi,
I have never tried it so I cant say. Have you checked if your targets were backordered? You will not be able to compeate with snapnames ect.
If it is a desktop software drop catcher I do not think it is really worth it. Does it have a trial period?

Last edited:
•••
of course some domain registrar offer good api;s adnd worth it..but not everyone
i think here
is your men.

•••
I feel like I've been ripped off also. I followed all directions and even purchased a VPS account as recommended. (He should at least have a forum on his site so customers could help each other) He stopped emailing me when I told him it just does not work. He disappeared. I even filed a dispute with PayPal but they did not refund my money. So 49.00 down the drain. I guess it's just "buyer beware".

Edited to add: I purchased snatcher 2.4.9 from dropcatches.com

Last edited:
•••
I am not in the business of talking bad about my competitors, but I have heard the same about the snatcher software (all versions). Drew will not issue you a refund (from similar complaints) & you will have to find an alternative solution.

I do not want to brag about my solutions in this thread, but the software at dropking.com does work well. It will not fail you and support is always available for users who have issues. There are free updates to all software titles to ensure the software continues to work well.

•••
Amelia,
I feel bad for you and i agree with you i should have done some research before i did the purchase .I purchased it from n3twork.com I emailed him and i never got any reply. i filed a dispute with paypal 2days later paypal emailed me saying dispute has been automatically closed because the money has been refunded. i've logged on to my paypal i do not see a refund transaction yet i've decided to wait couple of more days before i contact paypal again.

Expron,

i have thought of purchasing dropking but it a little pricy. i am a newbie domainer and i am a little hasitant spending that much money on a software that i don't know how its going to work for me. it there an online tutorial on dropking? if not how about you be the first to make one from scratch.. i really like to know how it works.

•••
Guys,

if you want a really good name which is also desired by others and which is for sure backordered with other snap services, your chances are near zero to dropcatch it with these API softwares. Snapnames, Namejet, etc. have a group of dozens of Sub-Registrars hitting Verisign alltogether with a well written algorithm the milisecond the domain becomes available. You simply can't compete with your Dynadot API slot or whatever. Even Godaddy has 10 or so Sub-Registrars like GoCanada, GoHere, GoThere, etc. which will try the same as snapnames and co. So even they should be better than these API softwares with their 20 dollars backorder. And then we have people like Andrew R. who also has quite a few Registrars trying the same as Snapnames, Namejet, Pool, Godaddy, etc... So now count them all together and calculate your chance.

BUT, if its a "not bad, but not that good either" name and if your competitors are only Hand-Reggers, then yes, you might be able to be much faster than hand regs.

So basically you have to know what type of names you are after.
If you want those cake crumbs which are ok,better than crap, but not a nice big piece of the cake either, then such softwares might be good for you.

p.s. don't want to badmouth these softwares, they have their niche and i think some of them are good, i am just giving my opinion based on facts.

Last edited:
•••
Sure of course you can not compeate with snapnames ect, but if the name is not backordered somewhere then you have a chance.

•••
Guys,

if you want a really good name which is also desired by others and which is for sure backordered with other snap services, your chances are near zero to dropcatch it with these API softwares. Snapnames, Namejet, etc. have a group of dozens of Sub-Registrars hitting Verisign alltogether with a well written algorithm the milisecond the domain becomes available. You simply can't compete with your Dynadot API slot or whatever. Even Godaddy has 10 or so Sub-Registrars like GoCanada, GoHere, GoThere, etc. which will try the same as snapnames and co. So even they should be better than these API softwares with their 20 dollars backorder. And then we have people like Andrew R. who also has quite a few Registrars trying the same as Snapnames, Namejet, Pool, Godaddy, etc... So now count them all together and calculate your chance.

BUT, if its a "not bad, but not that good either" name and if your competitors are only Hand-Reggers, then yes, you might be able to be much faster than hand regs.

So basically you have to know what type of names you are after.
If you want those cake crumbs which are ok,better than crap, but not a nice big piece of the cake either, then such softwares might be good for you.

p.s. don't want to badmouth these softwares, they have their niche and i think some of them are good, i am just giving my opinion based on facts.

I totally agree with you, the odds are slim but there is a chance you might get your hands on some above average domains names. only if there was a software that worked as it said it would.

•••
i do it all the time with a custom solution :P

•••
Maybe you need to hire somebody to install that script.
You say you couldn't get it to work, do you have an error message, something in the logs ?

•••
newbies should NEVER spend money on domain grab software, before they know how and what type of names to buy.

also, as mentioned, the crumbs that major dropcathers don't catch is because the knowledgable domainers didn't backorder them.

sure, every now and then one or two may slip thru unnoticed, but basically you're better off trying to hand-reg the names you think you'll catch vs buying software.

unless these software peddlers can show you a list of quality names they've caught using it

then you're only buying a dream, some hope and future frustration.

•••
Maybe you need to hire somebody to install that script.
You say you couldn't get it to work, do you have an error message, something in the logs ?

yea, i,m not very familiar with php.
the launcher file wont open. when i click on it it asks what program do i want to open it with.
i also installed Wamp for windows7 and it didnt help.

•••
Snatcher is a scam. He wouldn't refund my money either, and after he couldn't figure out how to support his own software he just disappeared from my email completely. By the way, I had a VPS from hostgator (as recommended on website), and I had it installed correctly. I would put in a domain for it to "catch" and wake up the next morning for it to be available for handregging... Then ran a test out of curiousity and it said that google.com was available to be registered so it would repeatedly try.

None of the WHOIS polling methods worked. They either didn't pick up on domain availability, OR it thought domains were available for registration when it clearly wasn't... All depending upon which WHOIS method you chose....

In other words Snatcher = JUNK. I wouldn't recommend anyone reading this to buy it. And no you will never see that $49 again, sorry :(

Last edited:
•••
Andrew towers is the biggest scam artist. I know a couple of cops in va and I've told them about it, there is not much they could do at this point but I'm assured next time he's behind the wheel he'll be tagged more then 49bucks. And if you live in VA this is where you will find him. 4729 red coat Rd virginia beach virginia.

•••

Last edited:
•••
If you are looking for a good drop catcher, you might want to try pheenix.com .

Any additional info?
costs?
How many "Sub-Registrars" do they use?
Success rate compared to Snap/Namejet/Pool?
Thanks.

•••
I never go after drop catching names personally. i find it hard to believe if someone has a software that can compete with the big boys they would give the service to you for a small fee when they themselves could be bank rolling themselves with the benefits of there software.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back