Domain Empire

DropCatch Discount Backorder - "Partner" Preempted

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ShawnWebDN

Impact
This post is specifically about Dropcatch.com Discount Club Backorder.
This post is not about Dropcatch Regular Backorder.

Who should even bother reading this post?
Domainers who are currently Discount BOing with DC.
Domainers who are thinking of giving it a try.

I have been using Discount Club Backorder lately a lot. And, would like to share my experience with you guys.

My most of the Discount Backorders were consistently preempted by “Partner”.

Since the domain names that I was discount BOing were mediocre, I was wondering how come DC/HugeDomain is picking up the same names for their portfolio.

I got a bit wary of Discount BOing.

Therefore, I switched to alternatives (Other low-cost BOing and a desktop catcher)

My catching rate has gotten better since then.

Based on observing the limited data I have, I think DC/HugeDomain do not find domains for their portfolio but they exploit the Discount BOing data in the name of “Partner”.

What might go behind the scene -
1) Domainers Discount BO on DC site.
2) DC evaluate the Discount BOed names.
3) Keep the decent names for their own portfolio(HugeDomain)
4) Fulfill Discount BO if the name is super-stupid.

Domainer- DC Daily Conversations:
Domainer:
Hey, I found this decent name from the heap of “deleting names”. Will you catch it for me?

DC:
We will catch it for sure. We have the best Drop-Catching service. But, catching will be for you or us, depends on the name. Tell us the name?

Domainer: It's svdsdvsdvsss.COM.

DC:
Yay “We Caught These Just For You: svdsdvsdvsss.COM”

Domainer: Wow, DC Discount Boing service is so awesome and I can win names just for $8. Amazing! Please catch one more - “DearCrypto.com”

DC:
We caught these domains, but they were preempted by us. We may not have gotten these awesome names for you, but just think: it didn't cost you a dime.

Domainer: Please catch one more - “HealthLoud.com”

DC:
We caught these domains, but they were preempted by us. We may not have gotten these awesome names for you, but just think: it didn't cost you a dime.

Who do you think is finding decent domains for HugeDomain?
We all are.

I don’t think they have hired a bunch of domainers to do this task.

In fact, they don’t have to when 100s of best domainers around the world doing it for them. And, feeding the data into their system for free.

Can I prove it?
No- I don’t have the authority to do an audit on their internal working.

Yes- Since most of the domainers are on NP. If everyone who is reading this stop Discount BOing with DC and finds alternatives(Regular DC BOing, BOing at other sites, desktop catchers, etc)

What will happen if domainers stop Discount BOing?
1st year -
DC will stop getting the valuable data from experienced Domainers to exploit.
2nd year - Portfolio of HugeDomain start deteriorating.
3rd year - Renewal Costs> Sales for HugeDomain
4th year - DC will have HugeDomain.com up for auction.

I still use DC Regular BOing when I think the name is worth investing $59. But never the Discount BOing.

Stop working for HugeDomain.com and that too for free :)

Thanks for reading.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back