Dynadot

domain DowntownChicagoHotels_com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello folks, can you please help me appraise this domain? Thanks in advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
DowntownChicagoHotels_com , i had the chance to acquire it but didnt because its to long for chicago.
chicagohotels.com or chicagohotel.com would be better , dont forget ,needs to be better for local cities ,making it more valuable and unique.

•••
•••
Is your appraisal request for the domain name alone or domain name + developed site?

•••
@MTB There's no developed site, just the domain.

•••
Without a developed site I think @leadnetwork is correct, the domain is too long (downtownchicagohotels/com is 21 characters without the .com and nobody will hand type it). The ONLY value in your domain is a very well-optimized website - which is not hard to do, even with basic tech skills it can be set up in 24 hours. But without the dev work on your part this domain will disappear and the only party to benefit will be your domain registrar. I'm happy to provide you some free advice if you go ahead with development.

•••
Valuation based on Historical Sales

Three word domains, including "downtown" + "area" + "service":

downtownmiamicondo.com 1,500 USD 2011-07-07
downtownsandiegorealestate.com 750 USD 2010-12-13
downtownfortworthhotels.com 206 USD 2019-09-07
tampadowntownmarket.com 200 USD 2016-10-11
clevelanddowntownhotel.com 184 USD 2013-04-19

Based on the small amount of successful sales, and low dollar amounts, and also the age of the sales themselves... one could guess that your domain IF lucky enough to actually find a buyer could sell for $150 to $200... once again... that's IF you're lucky enough to find a buyer.

Three words is extremely weak... especially if it's longer words.

NOTE: There is high search volume and CPC for your keyword phrase... this suggests that if you did build a site and get it ranking for that phrase that the domain would be worth significant amounts.

For example, if it was ranking in the number one position for its main keyword, I'd estimate the site could sell for between $5,000 and $20,000!

•••
NOTE: There is high search volume and CPC for your keyword phrase... this suggests that if you did build a site and get it ranking for that phrase that the domain would be worth significant amounts.

For example, if it was ranking in the number one position for its main keyword, I'd estimate the site could sell for between $5,000 and $20,000!

Very good point, @YourBestTrader - based on your research it makes sense to develop a site, then join a hotels affiliate program. Don't see anyone buying this domain without a site.

•••
Thanks, guys, some very good points there.

More opinions are welcome.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back