NameSilo

domains Dot Com Disasters: Avoid Domain Name Gaffes With These Best Practices

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Businesses and people have been making domain name mistakes ever since the Internet was created.
Aside from the embarrassment that can come from making domain mistakes, they can also be expensive. Automotive company, Nissan, spent years and millions of dollars to try to seize Nissan.com from its current owner. Facebook needed to purchase facebook.com for $200,000 since they only owned THEfacebook.com.
To avoid becoming a domain name horror story, here are some domain name best practices, which will keep you out of hot water...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Didn't know about nissan.com case :). Thanks for sharing.

•••
'Ideally, you should register the other common domain extensions like .org and .net and redirect them to your .com. While, you think you might be saving money, this frugality can come back to hurt you. If a competitor purchases these domains later it will cost you thousands of dollars to recover them even if you rightly own all the trademarks.'
~
Yes I will be registering all 1000 new gtlds to protect my brand ........ stick with .com I suggest. You can never cover all bases
~
This is discussion not news

•••
Yes I will be registering all 1000 new gtlds to protect my brand ........ stick with .com I suggest. You can never cover all bases
Yes, but .net and .org are also important. The Big Trinity - Com, Net, Org. Never hurts to make them all. And all 1000 others - screw them.

•••
I cannot recall the last time I typed in a .net or .org name, just wasted money to have those
~
.com is what sticks and perhaps the cctld in some cases

•••
Good Reading, the main focus is on "not to forget renewals".

•••
Businesses and people have been making domain name mistakes ever since the Internet was created.
Aside from the embarrassment that can come from making domain mistakes, they can also be expensive. Automotive company, Nissan, spent years and millions of dollars to try to seize Nissan.com from its current owner. Facebook needed to purchase facebook.com for $200,000 since they only owned THEfacebook.com.
To avoid becoming a domain name horror story, here are some domain name best practices, which will keep you out of hot water...
Read More

名誉[míng yù]

生词本

基本释义 详细解释

[honour;reputation]∶

个人或集团的荣誉或威信;

个人或集团的好名声;处于受公众尊敬或尊重的地位

这件事挽救了几位女士的名誉

[fame]∶

对突出的成就的总的认可

名誉大

ChanMingyu

MingyuChan

What does the name "Mingyu" mean?

M is for mighty, your inner strength.

I is for ideas, that you bring to life.

N is for neatness, your orderly way.

G is for goal, your eye on the future.

Y is for yearn, your innermost desires.

U is for unite, you bring people together.

if you paid attention it is CHAN MINGYU and not Chen Mingyu
people don,t listen anymore

https://www.namepros.com/threads/who-is-chan-mingyu.941380/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back