Dynadot

poll dot center vs dot centre - To be or not to be

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

is it dot center or dot centre?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • dot center

votes
    20.0%
  • dot centre

vote
    10.0%
  • only dot com is king and you can reg a domain with center or centre in front of the dot

votes
    60.0%
  • is that another squirrel at my birdfeeder?

vote
    10.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

The Durfer

Wesley SweatmanTop Member
Impact
$800000 - price to start a new tld. Would you use the word centre because the american version is just not rite for you? ty :) (if wondering, their are a lot of terms that express center as the suffix and centre as we know it is the european standard for the word.) Im just wondering, it would open up alot more domains available plus it would fit the international version of the word. i wish i had $800000 i think i would buy this one. What do you think? ty

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would take center over centre, since I live in the US, but in a 3 way race neither wins in a landslide. :xf.smile:

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Can be a profitable extension. I'm not a big fan of it because it is limited only to certain regions unlike some globally recognized ones like club or app. On the other hand, if you own something in .center it wouldn't create much of a competition for you since it is geared towards a different audience. And the audience is quite solid, according to G Trends centre is way more preferable in Canada, France, Australia, UK, New Zealand, Hong Kong and South Africa. So not a bad one at all! :)

•••
i say “center” over “centre”

but .com over all. Thank you for including it.

Last edited:
•••
.center for me

PS I have sold a .center domain for more than Samer has ever sold a .com for.

•••
.center for me

PS I have sold a .center domain for more than Samer has ever sold a .com for.

So we agree on “.center” over “.centre” yet Grego (still) takes his shot.

Respect the .com, (.)Grego,
Dont ever inject my name, to try prove ngtlds.
Do you get inbound inquiries for your (.)sucks?
Keep trying, “Center” ^^. (btw, not very center) Bid Uni ngtld auction; Auction.link; your dream.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
.center for U.S audience. .centre for U.K, Australia, and it's also valid as a French word.

•••
@The Durfer I think it's $185k for the application, though still a pretty penny.

Wonder about .centre opening up a lot more domains.. as it is .center is one of the earlier new gTLDs, around since 2014, and just shy of 42k registrations as of now. For chewing on:

• Currently there are approx 42k avail domains for sale on secondary markets across all extensions using keyword "center", and approx 8k using keyword "centre" (from dofo.com).

• This year as far, 100+ sales across all extensions with keyword "center", whereas 26 total sales using "centre" (from namebio.com).

I think a .central would be interesting as well. Or a .circle, centrally located in town square.

•••
@The Durfer I think it's $185k for the application, though still a pretty penny.

Wonder about .centre opening up a lot more domains.. as it is .center is one of the earlier new gTLDs, around since 2014, and just shy of 42k registrations as of now. For chewing on:

• Currently there are approx 42k avail domains for sale on secondary markets across all extensions using keyword "center", and approx 8k using keyword "centre" (from dofo.com).

• This year as far, 100+ sales across all extensions with keyword "center", whereas 26 total sales using "centre" (from namebio.com).

I think a .central would be interesting as well. Or a .circle, centrally located in town square.
you are correct sir, $185000 is the starting fee for it plus all the extra fees.

•••
$185K!!!
It would take me 10 years to sell all my names in the auctions here starting at $1
and end at 987 hours after the last bid.

•••
So now, who is going to partner with me to make dot centre a reality we only need 18 people to chip in $10k and we can get the ball rolling. Whos game?

•••
It is .CENTER : https://www.iana.org/domains/root/db (chekc the official list)
The .CENTRE new gTLD doesn't stand a chance in the next round as it would probably receive an objection because of the already existing .CENTER application.

I am very much interested in learning how and where you read that it cost $800,000 for a new gTLD application ?

•••
It is .CENTER : https://www.iana.org/domains/root/db (chekc the official list)
The .CENTRE new gTLD doesn't stand a chance in the next round as it would probably receive an objection because of the already existing .CENTER application.

I am very much interested in learning how and where you read that it cost $800,000 for a new gTLD application ?
read further we narrowed it down to $185k application fee. ty

•••
$185,000 is the application fee "only".

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back