Domain Empire

information Don't waste your time with .ai domains like me ...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BuyBrandWeb.com

Praveen ChidaboyinaTop Member
Impact
Don't be pessimistic by reading the title.
Little intro..I'm a full time software engineer and working for 9 hours daily. Domaining is my hobby.

I love to do experiment(s) and wanted to test my luck with .ai domains after seeing handful of .ai domain sales in recent days.

I started to check available keywords to register and after two hours, found below domains were available to register

shop.ai (it is now showing as premium)
printer.ai (showing as registered now )
photo.ai (still available to register)
teen.ai (still available to register)
gambling.ai (showing as registered now)

Decided to purchase shop.ai (you have to pay for minimum of 2 years and it comes with 80 usd renewal fee). I was in dilemma since you can get two word .com for 160 usd. You can easily flip for 2 grand. I paid it for shop.ai only and registry verification period here is 2 business days.

I was hoping to get the domain added to my account since my cc charged. I received a mail from 101domain and saying that the domain is not available and refund initiated. They wasted my four hours of time! (that too in midnight)

upload_2017-7-25_0-44-3.png

-
Praveen

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Happened with me as well last year. 1 to 1

•••
Yep ....... too good to be true .........Glitch! (or scam)

•••
I was in dilemma since you can get two word .com for 160 usd. You can easily flip for 2 grand. I paid it for shop.ai only and registry verification period here is 2 business days.

If that is so easy to you, then why dont you go do that? What 12x your money back is not good enough?

Or might it not be that easy?

•••
Look it up on google....it's run by one single guy with a gmail account.

•••
•••
If that is so easy to you, then why dont you go do that? What 12x your money back is not good enough?

Or might it not be that easy?
I was assuming that most of the domainers are experienced here and above mentioned business model works for me well and at the same time, I'm also open to new opportunities. Might be a bit gamble...
It does not mean that I can sell all the domains. It depends on timing, pricing, your business model. Hope you got what I mean!

•••
If it was that easy everyone would be a millionaire within 3 months. Its not.

•••
If it was that easy everyone would be a millionaire within 3 months. Its not.
I'm also open to new opportunities. Might be a bit gamble...
It does not mean that I can sell all the domains. It depends on timing, pricing, your business model. Hope you got what I mean!

•••
I am not saying that your approach is bad. I am more into short names in .com, but its definitely the right extension to chose.

I am saying that domaining is not easy regardless of your MO.

•••
Like I wrote before buyer beware with .AI. The guy who runs the TLD is a fool and acts like Hugo Chavez of the tiny island. Might as well wait till ownership changes hands.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back