Dynadot

news Donald Trump reform H-1B visas - This guy is stupid!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dondomainer

domainnamescom.comTop Member
Impact
US President Donald Trump has signed an executive order that seeks to make changes to a visa programme that brings in highly-skilled workers.

The time-limited H-1B visas for skilled workers, which are sought by technology giants, are meant for scientists, engineers and computer programmers. They are an important gateway for many attracted by tech hubs across the country.

But the White House said the programme is undercutting American workers by bringing in cheaper labour and that some tech companies are using it to hire large numbers of workers and drive down wages.

read more

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Neither for or against Mr. Trump..He can't be stupid .."stupid" people don't become President of USA..
Maybe "Ill advised" but sure not stupid..

•••
@briguy

You know that thing people say about the exception proving the rule?
Well, there's no rule and he's not an exception.

•••
@briguy

You know that thing people say about the exception proving the rule?
Well, there's no rule and he's not an exception.

Lol...Take into consideration.. Neither vote for or against him..

So just taking offense to the word "Stupid"

•••
I was being politically incorrect.

•••
For security reasons you have to take hard steps.

•••
Even tourists are made to feel they are criminals and unwelcome...

•••
Even tourists are made to feel they are criminals and unwelcome...

Lol, I think even some citizens are made to feel like they are criminal and unwelcome :)

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
This can possibly have the opposite effect of what Trump and his supporters wish for. Those great talented people can stay in their home country (or a third country other than the US) and hopefully help strengthen these other tech sectors and have other serious tech hubs besides the US. Sure, there is serious money in the US, but those people are BIG part of it at the major Tech companies. Have you looked at the workforce at Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Apple etc? A big chunk of it is foreign talent. No wonder the US tech sector is thriving and dominating. With this Trump may allow other countries to thrive while the US start to stagnates behind. If he kills H-1B visa, India, china, Europe will experience a dramatic rise in the Tech sector.

•••
With this Trump may allow other countries to thrive while the US start to stagnates behind. If he kills H-1B visa, India, china, Europe will experience a dramatic rise in the Tech sector.
So... if India, China and Europe start thriving in the tech sector, would that be good or bad? Would that mean that in some years time these countries would be thanking Trump for restricting the amount of H-1B Visas being given out at the moment, which in most cases serves to import cheap foreign labor, that have come to replace better paid Americans.

I think Trump is doing a wonderful thing for the USA with this Executive Order. What's the problem with giving Americans priority over foreigners in the tech industry? Have Americans become so stupid that they no longer qualify to these Silicon Valley jobs?

Could it be because of all that cocaine and other drugs crossing the Mexican border into the US that is burning out their brain cells?

Or could it be because Google, Microsoft, Cisco and other Silicon Valley firms simply want cheaper foreign labor, to satisfy their never ending greed so that company executives can get higher bonuses.

Some people here know I'm Conservative, so I decided to get some articles about the H-1B Visas that may surprise many, and they are NOT from Conservative Media.

In fact the articles are from the Liberal Media that are as anti Trump as any you will find... in fact, they hate Trump with all their might...

Trump Is Right: Silicon Valley Is Using H-1B Visas To Pay Low Wages To Immigrants
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-h-1b_us_5890d86ce4b0522c7d3d84af

Tech's beloved H-1B visa is flawed. Here's why.
http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/21/technology/h1b-visa-program-flawed/

How about the laid off Americans workers that where forced to train their newly arrived replacements from India or China or Pakistan. How insulting and degrading is that?

"60 Minutes" examines H-1B visas outsourcing American jobs

And you're telling me that Trump is stupid for what he's doing?

I can understand why Silicon Valley is upset with this action by Trump. I simply cannot fathom why Americans would be against it.

•••
So... if India, China and Europe start thriving in the tech sector, would that be good or bad? Would that mean that in some years time these countries would be thanking Trump for restricting the amount of H-1B Visas being given out at the moment, which in most cases serves to import cheap foreign labor, that have come to replace better paid Americans.

I never said it was bad for these other countries, on the contrary, it will be better for them in the long run, and American/Others capital will flow to these countries if they can't get the talent to the US, so it will have the same effect on American workers. You may be correct that it is cheaper labour, but it's not cheap, unlike other sectors like people picking fruits or cleaning streets, most those who qualify for H-1B visa need to be highly qualified and in most cases paid very well. I should know because I took advantage of it myself as a Canadian Citizen, the required experience, qualifications, certifications & testing were exhaustive in my case which was over 15 years ago. I worked for 1 year and then decided to come back to Canada because even though the pay was a bit better, it was not worth it for me and I came back (choosing not to renewed it). I'm sure there must be abuse now, taking advantage of existing loopholes and maybe the program should be overhauled to close those loopholes. So yes I agree with you on that, but the majority of the talent coming to the US contribute to the success of the IT sector in the US.

I think Trump is doing a wonderful thing for the USA with this Executive Order. What's the problem with giving Americans priority over foreigners in the tech industry? Have Americans become so stupid that they no longer qualify to these Silicon Valley jobs?
Nothing is wrong with giving Americans priority over foreign workers, except in cases where some of these American workers are not as qualified as the foreign workers. I don't mean that there is not talent in the US, on the contrary, the US has more talent than any other country, but the IT sector is HUGE and in order to keep expanding and improving, America imports THE BEST talent worldwide (and some not so great due to loopholes that should be closed). So to throw the baby out with the bathwater is not very smart. And I know conservative always whine about affirmative action because they claim qualifications should trump all other considerations, yet I see you here asking that Americans should be given priority, but you didn't mention if that they should be as qualified for these jobs. and NO Americans are not stupid, but they as a whole lag behind (in percentage) to MANY other countries in terms of the quality of graduates in math science and also the IT field.

Could it be because of all that cocaine and other drugs crossing the Mexican border into the US that is burning out their brain cells?
There we go again blaming others for your own shortcomings. Mexican border bring the good the bad and the ugly, and Americans are equally (if not more) responsible for that. No one shoves the drugs into their mouths noses and arms. They take it willingly. What you need is education and teaching responsibility and provide better health and mental care to take care of those addicts not harp on Mexico and Mexicans for your own problems. Also man and protect the border from drug dealers, both Mexicans and American based. But first, take care of your downtrodden people who need help, medical coverage and better education.

Or could it be because Google, Microsoft, Cisco and other Silicon Valley firms simply want cheaper foreign labor, to satisfy their never ending greed so that company executives can get higher bonuses.
Yes, these giant conglomerates, try to lower their expenses by taking advantage of TAX LOOPHOLES, Work Visa loopholes and any other loophole in the system, just like your "hero" Trump who bragged on more than one occasion, that he takes advantage of these loopholes to pay as little tax as possible, and claimed that he is very smart for doing it. So don't go on blaming these corporations and yet tout Trump. It sounds more reasonable when you use the same rules and treat everyone the same. Trump as a businessman is the WORST in American history. He is a complete and utter failure. Everything he touches gets ruined. If you want me to give you a detailed historical breakdown of his many failed businesses, personal bankruptcies, and stiffing those who work for him, let me know.

Some people here know I'm Conservative, so I decided to get some articles about the H-1B Visas that may surprise many, and they are NOT from Conservative Media.

Sure, be conservative (whatever it mean these days).

How about the laid off Americans workers that where forced to train their newly arrived replacements from India or China or Pakistan. How insulting and degrading is that?

No one is nor should be happy at the misery of others, it's inhuman. these large corporations can behave like monsters. It's not the foreign worker's talent that these workers had to train their replacement. It's the sick corporate-American culture that is rotten. And again your hero Trump is the one who is giving them the highest tax cut in recent memory, and shifting the burden on the American Middle class. What a hero he is.

And you're telling me that Trump is stupid for what he's doing?

Yes, he is STUPID and more than that. I would consider any man who takes liberty and joy in assaulting "pretty" women by grabbing them by their private parts to be disqualified for any public office, let alone the presidency of the most powerful nation on earth. As a matter of fact, he is an embarrassment to all Americans. A sex predator, a flashy failed businessman, a major con artist and a borderline dangerous simpleton/lunatic (who asked why not use NUCLEAR 3 times in a 30 minute meeting with some Generals before he took office) So, that is what you got in the white house now.

I can understand why Silicon Valley is upset with this action by Trump. I simply cannot fathom why Americans would be against it.
I believe that Americans should be concerned with corporations taking advantage of loopholes not only in the H-1B Visa program but in all aspects of government especially Tax loopholes. But as I said earlier the H-1B program needs overhauling but not scrapped, the American economy and advantage would suffer.

•••
What Trump’s H-1B visa executive order actually does
It’s a warning shot to employers.

While on a visit to the headquarters of Snap-On Tools in Kenosha, Wisconsin, the president ordered an interdepartmental review of the H-1B visa program, which allows companies to bring “skilled” foreign workers to fill jobs in the US for a few years.

Administration officials have made it clear that “review” means they expect Cabinet officials to suggest changes to the program — either by way of regulation or by asking Congress to pass a bill — in the name of better protecting American workers.

In Kenosha, Trump drew a bright line on the H-1B visa: It “should include only the most skilled and highest-paid applicants and should never, ever be used to replace American workers.

Read more here:

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/4/18/15340686/h1b-visa-executive-order-trump

Nothing STUPID about this Executive Order.

•••
I have read the articles, which are interesting.
What makes the reform controversial is who is pushing for it. Because DT now has proven anti-foreigners credentials. So my impression is that he's trying to deliver on an election promise and appease the most radical among his voters, he's not really trying to fix a problem (can he ?).

America can certainly reduce the amount of foreign workers, but that doesn't mean the average salary will simply rise as a result. I could be wrong, but I expect that companies will circumvent the regulations by offshoring what they can (projects that do not require physical presence, face-to face interaction).
If the talent isn't there, and companies are not prepared to pay the price for whatever reasons, then growth will stall and positions will remain unfilled.

No, the job market just doesn't work like that. If it were that easy to curb unemployment and raise wages - every country would know and be pursuing the same kind of protectionism. Businesses are driven by market and economic forces, and I have indeed observed that governments have limited sway over those dynamics.
The zero sum game approach is completely wrong.

The irony is that Trump himself has used a lot of that 'cheap' foreign labor in entrepreneur capacity :-P And now he pretends his loyalties have changed.
I cannot understand why Americans would trust Trump on that. I simply cannot fathom why Americans would.

Last edited:
•••
Can be hard this but it is the truth

A company is a private entity with private interests of one or more persons, having said that.

A company has no obligation to hire any citizen.

The interference of the government in who should be hired in private companies is very similar to communism.

The global competition is not interested in nationalist laws.

All this problem is about better education in US

Last edited:
•••
In Kenosha, Trump drew a bright line on the H-1B visa: It “should include only the most skilled and highest-paid applicants and should never, ever be used to replace American workers.

You can read in it whatever you desire but it does not make it so. "should never, ever be used to replace American workers." Why not? Isn't that protectionism, affirmative action and settling for mediocrity. Where have your "conservative" ideals gone here?

Why shouldn't a company replace an American worker if there is a better-qualified replacement? This talk is so 1940-50 not 21 century where advancement in Tech does not have time for mediocrity. Better Education produces better talents, take that route first then shut down the door when all required talent is available at home. And besides, what's your view on an American who is better qualified for a certain job replacing another American? it has the same effect, non-qualified (or barely qualified) workers need to keep up with the job not force the company to lag behind because they are AMERICANS.

The history of Donald Trump is crystal clear to those whose eyes are wide open. He never cared for the working class, he never respected women, he never cared about reforms, on the contrary, he wants to raise the 1% class and bury the middle class and the poor in taxes poor health coverage, and poor education. Those (clueless) who constantly cheer him on no matter what says and does, are the same people who constantly wave flags and lunatic shout USA USA USA at each and every chance they get without understanding what that means. This creature has been proven unfit to even lead a Cub Scout troop, let alone the most powerful nation on Earth. America is actually in a clear and present danger with him in office.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back