IT.COM

Domainsville Fragmented Domain Investing Network

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
We relaunched Domainsville.com into a fragmented domain investing network where you become part-owner in several domains and earn money when any domain sells. Domainsville scans the drops and marketplaces to grab as many great domains as possible using the funds from network participants.

From the site:
Domainsville is a distributed domain investing network where participants buy fragments of domains and share the profit when domains sell. The average domain investor never gets the pleasure of owning a decent domain worth significant value since all valuable domains result in bidding wars at the drop auctions. The vast majority of domain investors end up buying less quality names they can afford that often have no resell value. With Domainsville, you become a part-owner with hundreds and potentially thousands of domains without locking up significant financial resources. When a domain sells, every network participant wins!

Let me know what you guys think!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
This is an interesting concept which I was considering few years ago. The main difference being that in my version domain investors would only buy shares of the domains they were interested in, not of the whole portfolio.

Question.......

For your company to earn 20%, it means you have a "reasonably foolproof" way to make a ROI of , say, 150%. So that you get 20% and investors the remaining 30%.

So...if you can turn $1,000 to $1,500 in 1 or more years, why do you need the funding. The margin is wide enough for you to either take a loan or start with a small capital and reinvest profits.

To phrase the same question in another way, when you will have made, say, $100,000 in a few months , you will no longer need to share your profits with the domain investors :xf.wink: Is that correct ?

•••
This is an interesting concept which I was considering few years ago. The main difference being that in my version domain investors would only buy shares of the domains they were interested in, not of the whole portfolio.

Question.......

For your company to earn 20%, it means you have a "reasonably foolproof" way to make a ROI of , say, 150%. So that you get 20% and investors the remaining 30%.

So...if you can turn $1,000 to $1,500 in 1 or more years, why do you need the funding. The margin is wide enough for you to either take a loan or start with a small capital and reinvest profits.

To phrase the same question in another way, when you will have made, say, $100,000 in a few months , you will no longer need to share your profits with the domain investors :xf.wink: Is that correct ?

We are attempting to turn a $xx-$xxx backorder into a $x,xxx sale. I need the funding because to backorder and/or bid on hundreds of domains, you need 6 figures in the bank that would need to be frozen for a couple of months. I am not going to take out a loan for that, and would rather work through a network and share profits. Domainsville's business model is inline with the sharing economy, and I like it the way it is. It's sustainable and distributed as each network participant takes a reduced risk since each share is fragmented across the entire portfolio.

If I made $100,000 from the 20% profits, I would still need investors because I wouldn't want to reinvest the entire amount into the network and we would still need funding because we'd be operating at a much larger scale (eg. biding on 1,000's of names) which I couldn't do by myself.

I will NEVER break the network, and will not leave investors. We all work together forever.

Last edited:
•••
I would like to see this take off.

But I believe it will not be easy. People will need to have LOTS of trust in your company to participate.

There are too many ways in which trust gets involved. Just 2 examples of wrongdoing :

1. You buy a domain for $500. Next day, you receive a $50,000 offer for the domain. You sell to a party affiliated with you for $5.000 and report a decent 10x ROI on the domain. After a week the affiliated party sells the domain for $50K to the end user and investors get way less than what they should.

2. You buy overpriced stuff from parties affiliated with you, for instance LLL.com for $50K, when they should be bought for $25K.

•••
I would like to see this take off.

But I believe it will not be easy. People will need to have LOTS of trust in your company to participate.

There are too many ways in which trust gets involved. Just 2 examples of wrongdoing :
1. You buy a domain for $500. Next day, you receive a $50,000 offer for the domain. You sell to a party affiliated with you for $5.000 and report a decent 10x ROI on the domain. After a week the affiliated party sells the domain for $50K to the end user and investors get way less than what they should.

2. You buy overpriced stuff from parties affiliated with you, for instance LLL.com for $50K, when they should be bought for $25K.

Rest assured that is not going to happen.

Last edited:
•••
Any updates about this service?

•••
Seems like a dead project

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back