IT.COM

Domainmonster support help [What happened to DomainMonster.com?]

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
This may be off topic, and related to another topic.

Domainmonster.com is moving to 123reg UK.
I have a .com 4llll that has expired, for about 30 days July/21/2017 expired. Not yet 40, I want to renew it or at least transfer out, unable to access it in account, tried to contact domainmonster.com no reply?

I then tried to contact 123reg UK via live chat, no reply (maybe time zone differences), I tried to email them, but their form sent an error.

Anyone help? Advice? I think a few more days it will be 40 days, and my domain will be backdrop or deleted. This happened because I am out of the country for so long, and have not noticed it, or paid attention to it.

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why can't you access it in your account?

•••
The 123-family now sells their expiring domains on GoDaddy by Day 36.

Call them up immediately.

•••
The've already moved to 123reg a while back, but you can still access your Domainmonster control panel if you are an existing customer, they just aren't taking any new ones. Just go to the same url as always:

domainmonster.com/login

You shouldn't have a problem renewing it, but odd indeed you can't access it in your account Don't know if their telephone support is defunct now, I haven't called them lately. But they were always good via that route.

•••
I am out of the country, unable to call them. Time zone differences too. The domain expired on July 21.
Its not in the account anymore, I tried emailing support. No answer yet, I won't be back in the US until next week, which means its beyond....control if they won't put it back to be renewed.

Trying to contact support via the old domainmonster login and email...

Thanks. Its not yet 36 days....until...a few more days. But usually domainmonster have until 45 days..I think?

All the domains are in the account except for the one that expired. Contact support no answer. Contact reg123uk email form not working, live chat not working...Anyone have a direct email for reg123 please send me via messages so I can send them an email asking if they can renew it or put it back in the account ASAP because I can't even see the domain. According to DomainMonster support while it expired I can still renew it, but now DomainMonster seems to be ...a legacy...I am worried.

Last edited:
•••
@tech4
The rules changed recently. If you visit auctions.godaddy.com, you will see a bar saying 'Announcing more expiry domains from international registrars - Auctions has added domains from 123 Reg, Heart Internet, Domain Factory and Host Europe."

I've seen expired domains from this bunch of registrars being auctioned on GD with the auction ending on Day 36. Not sure if the owner has the luxury of renewing or transferring out like domains expired at GoDaddy till Day 42, after the auction has ended.

It's actually Day 37 today given your July 21st date of expiry.

•••
Well thanks. Its not 40 yet, but they are not responding, I am guessing, the domainmonster registrar has turnover.

Which means, chances are my domain will be sold since its LLLL.com and will not be able to get it back. Does every registrar do this? when domain expires, they remove it from account? Should still be in account so people can renew or transfer....

•••
Well thanks. Its not 40 yet, but they are not responding, I am guessing, the domainmonster registrar has turnover.

Which means, chances are my domain will be sold since its LLLL.com and will not be able to get it back. Does every registrar do this? when domain expires, they remove it from account? Should still be in account so people can renew or transfer....

The domain has probably been sold.

This may be a small ray of hope for you - I believe 123/GoDaddy auctioned domains are transferred to the winner on Day 43. Only DomainMonster/123 can tell you if you can recover the domain between Day 37-42 after it has been auctioned off.

If the whois is still in your name, you have the auth code and the domain is already unlocked, try starting a transfer out immediately.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks but it is locked and transfer is prohibited according to whois. Its not even in the account. Therefore I can't transfer or renew at all.....

•••
You should approach ICANN and file a complaint against the registrar. They will take action

•••
The registrar will be moved to 123reg and will cease to exist.
Its ...amost 40 days as of now. Expired July 21.
If I file a complaint will I even get the domain name back?

Anyone with email with the ceo of Domain Monster? I will write to him instead, since his support team is not responding, there is no way to transfer out, and there is no way to renew, because its not even in the account.

Does every registrar do this? take it out of the account when it expires, and don't even respond to support????? Its an LLLL.com, not much value but....

•••
You are now talking with Andreea from support

Ngoc: (13:43): I am a domainmonster customer, customer support is not responding I need help

Andreea: (13:44): Hi! I'm Andreea. Thanks for explaining the situation.

Andreea: (13:45): As we don't have access to Domainmonster services, please send an email to this address: support@domainmonster

Ngoc: (13:48): thanks

Ngoc: (13:49): I tried to contact them, but no answer, will my domain be deleted?

Andreea: (13:49): I'm afraid I cannot advise regarding this, as I don't have access to check domain names registered with Domainmonster.

Andreea: (13:50): Can you please mention the domain name in question?

Ngoc: (13:50):....llll

Ngoc: (13:51): I am afraid domainmonster is taking too long to respond, it will be deleted soon or sold

Ngoc: (13:51): is domainmonster support still working or are they out of business already?

Andreea: (13:51): I have noticed that this domain expired on 2017-07-21.

Ngoc: (13:51): I tried to contact their support....

Ngoc: (13:51): its not even in the account to be renew or transfer out...that's the problem

Ngoc: (13:52): I have to contact them, but they are not responding

Ngoc: (13:52): which is why I am contacting reg123

Andreea: (13:52): Most likely the domain entered the Redemption period and you will need Domainmonster's support help for recovering the domain.

Ngoc: (13:53): Ok thanks, can you follow up to this chat with someone via email

Ngoc: (13:53): , I cannot contact them, I need help

Andreea: (13:54): I'm afraid the Domainmonster team is different than ours and we cannot get in contact with them. Please send an email to support@domainmonster

Conversation was closed by agent.

•••
Update they have responded...

Thank you for contacting support.

As I can see the domain com has expired on 21-Jul-2017. At this time the domain has entered the redemption period, therefore, we will need to recover this for you which will be a charge of $14.99 + ICANN Fee $0.18 + Redemption Fee $100.00 which will total up to $115.17.

Thanks everyone......

•••
Also at 123 an expired domain that you can still renew can disappear from your account and you have to contact them to get them to renew it - you have no access to it.

•••
@tech4
Complaints will not help. The registrar has auctioned off an expired domain, which is the normal procedure at many registrars.

The $115 fee thing is the best option if you really want to keep the domain. And better hurry since the process of transfer to the auction winner may be ongoing.

•••
File an ICANN request, pay the redemption fee. Transfer ALL your domains out of your domainmonster and 123 reg account and then file a chargeback with your credit card provider

Edit: I don't normally advise a chargeback but in this case, Domainmonster is at fault. Yes, the Op should have renewed/transferred earlier. Life happens. At least they tried to transfer it out during the legally allowed window but were unable to due to the mess at domainmonster

Last edited:
•••
-UPDATE:

I was able to renew after contacting ICANN, and they renewed it, however the domain whois is with namefind, domainbox, and domainmonster. This is annoying, after renewing, unable to transfer because they have the whois in namefind,domainbox, and domainmonster instead of my info.

Suggestions? Are they doing this deliberately to stop me from moving out or are they no longer working. After it was renewed, they replied to 2 emails say they are fixing their whois, after that...no longer reply. Its been 11 days.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back