NameSilo

discuss DomainMod- local or remote hosting.

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

Kuffy

Name StagTop Member
Impact
5,386
I've just installed DomainMod on a server I manage in the US. I want to use this to help me manage and control a portfolio of around 250 names. It was easy to install using Softaculous, but I wonder about the security of using a remote server. I noticed that it is possible to host the package on a local server, but that must be fairly complex to set up as it used a SQL data base, and runs cron jobs. I use public WiFi in various supermarkets and coffee shops. It would be fun to install it locally, but I suspect it will require a lot of learning and effort to do it. What do you think? Will I get extra security, and is it worth the effort?

I'd also be interested in hearing some opinions from DomainMod users.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

Scheduled posts now show a small calendar icon
When NamePros posts something for you on a schedule, you will now see a small calendar icon before its date. Move your mouse over the...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back