Dynadot

Domain (Transfer) Gone Awry

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I was transferring a .me domain from Registrar A to Registrar B. I never received an approval email. However:
  • Registrar A says they approved the transfer.
  • Registrar B says that Registrar A rejected the transfer.
  • The domain was transferred to a Registrar C (which I have never heard of).
In trying to recover the domain, I am running into the following issue:
  • Registrar B says they never got a hold of the domain, so they can't help me.
  • Registrar A says that it was transferred out, so they can't help me.
  • I'm going to contact Registrar C once they open for business.
I'd appreciate any advice from anyone for reclaiming my domain. Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
you'd probaly need to give names of regs abc to get some input

•••
Registrar A: Name.com
Registrar B: NameBright
Registrar C: 1API GmbH

•••
name.com sends such TransferOut-notifications... so recheck your Inbox and Spam...
And transfer from them takes 6 days, instant transfers are impossible there.

•••
name.com sends such TransferOut-notifications... so recheck your Inbox and Spam...
  • I received a transfer out notice from name.com, just not an "approve this transfer" email from anyone. I just assumed the transfer was to the requested registrar. I checked my inbox and spam. Nothing else related to the domain there. I also checked the login log with my email; there was no suspicious activity.
  • It's just been six days, and the domain was transferred, just to some random third party registrar. :/

•••
name.com automatically approves TransferOut-requests after 5 days...
+ they send these notifications... so you have 5 days to reply on this email if you wish to reject it.

•••
name.com automatically approves TransferOut-requests after 5 days...
+ they send these notifications... so you have 5 days to reply on this email if you wish to reject it.
Yes, but I was transferring the domain. I received the following email:

Name.com received notification on 2016-10-28 that you have requested a transfer to another domain name registrar. If you want to proceed with this transfer, you do not need to respond to this message. If you wish to cancel the transfer, please contact us before 2016-10-31 by:
sending an email to name.com

If we do not hear from you by 2016-11-01, the transfer will proceed.

There was no way for me to know it wasn't going to the correct registrar.

•••
Regarding 1API GmbH (Hexonet.net) - they also send the Auth-form for TransferIn...
And without confirmation via this form - transfer will NOT start.

•••
Regarding 1API GmbH (Hexonet.net) - they also send the Auth-form for TransferIn...
And without confirmation via this form - transfer will NOT start.
That's why I'm so perplexed. I truly never received a confirmation email. Besides which, they weren't even the registrar to which I was transferring the domain.

•••
@Jurgen Wolf , I have domains with Namebright that show1API GmbH on a whois

I started transferring a .tv domain from namebright to namecheap just a couple of hours ago and the registrar FROM showed 1API GmbH where it was really Namebright.

are you sure it's Hexonet?

•••
Yes, I'm sure.
But Hexonet has hundreds of resellers...
Maybe, for some ccTLDs - NameBright is one of them... NOT accredited and acts as Reseller...

Last edited:
•••
So contact NameBright and ask them to add this doMEn into your account...
They are just a reseller of Hexonet (1API).

Last edited:
•••
I'll try contacting 1API GmbH & Hexonet as soon as they're open. I appreciate your help, @Jurgen Wolf

@Hypersot , Thanks for that info. If 1API GmbH & Hexonet can't help me, I'll go back to NameBright to see whether they work with Hexonet for .me. Perhaps, there was somehow a technical glitch.

•••
So contact NameBright and ask them to add this doMEn into your account...
They are just a reseller of Hexonet (1API).
NameBright is already closed for the day, but I'll try them in the morning. Thanks again. I'll update this thread with the news (good, hopefully) in about 24 hours.

•••
You may also open your account with Hexonet.net
Then ask them to move your domain into it... you are not obliged to stay under their reseller...

•••
side note @Jurgen Wolf ....

It is possible to expedite transfer out of domains at Name.com. You just need to submit a ticket / send email asking them to manually accept the transfer out. You can also follow that up with a phone call.

I do this with every transfer out there.

•••
Yes, via tickets is possible with all registrars which don't provide it out-of-the-box...

Last edited:
•••
well if you have a secret to getting one expedited at Moniker, Enom or Network Solutions....please share:)

•••
At least in the past it was OOTB with eNomCentral...
Regarding Moniker and NetSol - I don't use them at all.

Last edited:
•••
NameBright does use Hexonet for TLDs that we are not accredited in, which includes .ME. If you are still experiencing issues with your domain, you can either PM me the domain name in question, or send an email to [email protected] and they will get it cleared up for you promptly.

•••
Good news! I contacted Hexonet, and they said there had been a glitch during the transfer. They said they would fix it on their end, and sure enough, 10 minutes after the call ended, the domain was in my NameBright account. Many thanks for everyone's help!

@JBubba , thanks, it has been resolved.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back