NameSilo

Domain Tools Inaccuracies?

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

pacopaitz

Established Member
Impact
1
I was browsing on domaintools yesterday when I noticed DIY.us showed up as not being registered. That made me all giddy so I decided to run out to my favorite registrar to snatch it up. Of course it was already taken and the WHOIS states it has been registered for a while and the registration ends in April '08 so there is no way it was just recently snatched.

Has anyone else had these kind of problems with domaintools? Is there an event that could have taken place that caused it to flag as unoccupied (other than poor programming)?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I've seen this a few times over time, had a look at the whois, but couldnt see why the name would be "missed". Another of life's little mysteries I guess
 
0
•••
I have had similar problems with enom when searching for domains to register. It will recommend to you similar results. More than once I saw one I could't believe! I checked it, put it in my cart then went to register it and found out it was already registered after it rejected my reg.. oh well. :hehe:
 
0
•••
I just ran across another one (RUIN.COM) that would have been quite nice but obviously I don't have high hopes anymore but I will always check them lol!
 
0
•••
it always happened to me
 
0
•••
They are using cached data and for live availability check you should use a registrar like enom, moniker or dynadot (not godaddy)
even then there seems to be some glitches sometimes
 
0
•••
Yes, I often run into these glitches, both with resellernerd.com and with Yahoo Domains.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back