IT.COM

Domain Swapping Service

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Keith DeBoer

BrandableInsider.comTop Member
Impact
I just came across this domain swapping service. (I have no affiliation)
http://www.domainswap.com/workflow
Does anyone know who runs it?
Has anyone tried it?
Do you think its worthwhile or would you rather just swap here on NamePros?
DOMAINSWAP.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just came across this domain swapping service. (I have no affiliation)
http://www.domainswap.com/workflow
Does anyone know who runs it?
Has anyone tried it?
Do you think its worthwhile or would you rather just swap here on NamePros?
Show attachment 93860

They don't even have a SSL certificate, which shows me that they are not taking their business seriously.

I don't have any experience with them but would love to hear some feedback from its users.

•••
Sounds like an Escrow service .. which I always thought had fiscal regulations and needed certain certifications etc.

There were a small handful of good domains in their promoted list (less than 10), but for the most part the domains really aren't good. Although I suppose every market place starts off small with mediocre to bad names and then hope to get the critical mass needed to attract better names.

My fear for them is that by placing even partial focus on the "domain swaps" instead of just purely domain for money, that they are defining their market place as a D2D business (Domainer to Domainer), and thus potentially alienating real end users with real money, and instead just creating a wholesale marketplace.

Finally .. in the end most of us domainers want stuff as cheap as possible ... you know it's almost a fact that if you have a decent 2 word .com that you will be flooded by "swap offers" from other domainers wanting to get your domain in exchange for 2amazing.mobi!

ll that being said .. I really wish them a lot of luck .. more (functioning) market places means more competition between them and in theory then downwards pressure on all the various fees and commissions.

•••
Don't need domain swapping services.

May be they want to change the business model to wife swapping services?

•••
My fear for them is that by placing even partial focus on the "domain swaps" instead of just purely domain for money, that they are defining their market place as a D2D business (Domainer to Domainer), and thus potentially alienating real end users with real money, and instead just creating a wholesale marketplace.
You probably mean they risk becoming a place like Bido :)

•••
•••
End users generally don't have domains to swap. So unless there is a 100% cash option, this is by nature reduced to a D-2-D business. Personally I don't think a D-2-D business would be a very profitable road-to-hoe with domainers. They are continuously over-valuing the wholesale value of their own domains and undervaluing the domains they want to buy. So even as a D-2-D business, I'd guess this is doomed to failure. And as @atinc has said. Without an SSL certificate. They will have ZERO chance of success. The website looks like it was designed by a 10 year old. They would have been better off only to provide links to each category on the first page. Not any domains. IMHO. Also. It looks like there is no quality control of the domains listed. Which will turn into a heavy burdon for any potential customers unless DS have some heavy filters to play with (eg No Numbers or hyphens). My guess this website won't be around or in good shape, 1 year from now.

Note to domainers listing domains: I cannot see an end user wading thru this website to find a domain unless they find it on the first page of a google search. They'll most likely go and search on 1 of the top three domains for sale websites.

My bad comments are only meant with the best of intentions. There is no malicious intent in my comments.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back