Dynadot

question Domain Rating

NameSilo
Watch

VivifyDomains

journey-x.comEstablished Member
Impact
I just have a simple question, how much does domain rating add to the value of a domain name? For example this one below has a domain rating of 28 according to ahrefs, how would this affect its value?

Thanks

1689730040910.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think the value would depend on more than just the Ahrefs domain rating itself. Personally, I think when people are looking to buy domains with authority they either want them for traffic or to build their own website on (could be a PBN site, affiliate site, blog..etc). Either way, the Ahrefs DR is just one tool they can use to analyze the site. Here are other tools domain buyers use and you might want to check the domain on before determining a fair price:

1. MOZ domain authority
2. Majestic Trust Flow/Citation Flow
3. Does it have any traffic?
4. How many actual backlinks does it have? From how many referring domains?
5. What's the quality of the backlinks. Are they spammy? Were they all built in a very short period of time?
6. What does it's history look like at web.archive.org? Was it previously developed? If so, how long ago?

These are just six quick things I would personally be looking at if I were buying a domain for the authority it held. Ahrefs is only one tool. When you add in MOZ, Majestic, and even SEMRush, you can get a better overall idea about it's authority score. The number and quality of backlinks will tell a lot as well.

This isn't in the appraisal section, but if I had to give a price for your domain based off what is in your screenshot then I would say it's probably worth low-mid $XX here on the forum. Depending on the results/answers from the six things I listed above, that number could easily go up.

Last edited:
•••
I think the value would depend on more than just the Ahrefs domain rating itself. Personally, I think when people are looking to buy domains with authority they either want them for traffic or to build their own website on (could be a PBN site, affiliate site, blog..etc). Either way, the Ahrefs DR is just one tool they can use to analyze the site. Here are other tools domain buyers use and you might want to check the domain on before determining a fair price:

1. MOZ domain authority
2. Majestic Trust Flow/Citation Flow
3. Does it have any traffic?
4. How many actual backlinks does it have? From how many referring domains?
5. What's the quality of the backlinks. Are they spammy? Were they all built in a very short period of time?
6. What does it's history look like at web.archive.org? Was it previously developed? If so, how long ago?

These are just six quick things I would personally be looking at if I were buying a domain for the authority it held. Ahrefs is only one tool. When you add in MOZ, Majestic, and even SEMRush, you can get a better overall idea about it's authority score. The number and quality of backlinks will tell a lot as well.

This isn't in the appraisal section, but if I had to give a price for your domain based off what is in your screenshot then I would say it's probably worth low-mid $XX here on the forum. Depending on the results/answers from the six things I listed above, that number could easily go up.
Awesome thank you for the detailed insight!

Looks like picking out domains like this is more complicated than just the DR, I'll have to do some homework.

would say it's probably worth low-mid $XX here on the forum
Yeah I figured it's not worth that much, I have it listed pretty low on marketplaces. I was just using this as an example as it's one of the few I bought because of the DR score just as a test.

Anyway, thanks again

•••
DR is a good metric along with DA and TF.
Difficolt to sell a domain only because has a good metric unless there is a buyer that buys domains in bulk: in this case the right metric is a sale enabler

•••
yes evil

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back