Dynadot

poll Domain outbound selling success rate

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Have you ever tried outbound selling your domains and was that successful?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

• Rarely after multiple tries

• Never

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Leo2k

Established Member
Impact
Have you ever tried calling or sending emails to potential end users / buyers to sell your domain(s) and was that successful?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's a waste of time to outbound domains. Not worth the effort. Success rate is extremely low

Last edited:
•••

A great episode of the DNW podcast with Ryan Ewen of DomainManage (not sure if he/they have a presence here) talking about outbounding on an almost industrial scale.

•••

A great episode of the DNW podcast with Ryan Ewen of DomainManage (not sure if he/they have a presence here) talking about outbounding on an almost industrial scale.
100 emails per day. That's really a huge number.

•••
Yes, I regularly make money from outbound. It was much easier 10-15 years ago but it's still doable. You have to be much pickier though. If you are marketing bad domains, you won't sell anything. You have to be bringing value at a discount to end users for steady income.

•••
•••
In the past 30 days of outbounding:
51 domains
3371 emails sent
32 percent response rate
1 percent win (sales) rate

With the system I'm using, once I set up a campaign (one for each domain), it finds the prospects, I review the prospects manually. Then I use 3 different templates to set up a drip email campaign for each domain. Once that's done, it's 'set it and forget it' and just respond to emails from prospects.

•••
In the past 30 days of outbounding:
51 domains
3371 emails sent
32 percent response rate
1 percent win (sales) rate

With the system I'm using, once I set up a campaign (one for each domain), it finds the prospects, I review the prospects manually. Then I use 3 different templates to set up a drip email campaign for each domain. Once that's done, it's 'set it and forget it' and just respond to emails from prospects.
Not sure about your outbound sales prices but I typically sell 1 domain for every 4-5 marketed. 1% seems extremely low unless you are selling at very high prices which would then make sense (like inbound sales usually work out).

•••
Not sure about your outbound sales prices but I typically sell 1 domain for every 4-5 marketed. 1% seems extremely low unless you are selling at very high prices which would then make sense (like inbound sales usually work out).
The sale prices are in a fairly range, from $1500 to $25,000.

But, it typically takes me about 10-15 minutes per domain, from start to finish, to set up an outbound campaign for each domain.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back