Dynadot

reviews Domain name script

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I designed a script that can scan all the dropped or expired domain names from registrars (Godaddy, namejet..) and compare them to a dictionary (french, english..)

At my big surprise I found many interesting domain names including .com, .org ect.

Next step is to design a website or send a newsletter to expose those domains. Would it be something that people would be interested in?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There is expireddomains.net, are you sure you can offer something they don't?

•••
Does expiredomain scan for one word domain names? They have a list of pending delete domain names but i scan these domains.

•••
•••
and compare them to a dictionary (french, english..)
At my big surprise I found many interesting domain names including .com, .org ect.
dictionary .com, are you kidding?
We have similar service, but NOT for dictionary/single-word .com,
unless very obscure word with little or no value. For other extensions, I agree with you, many hidden gems still available at reg fee.

•••
Does expiredomain scan for one word domain names? They have a list of pending delete domain names but i scan these domains.
You can use their filters to show one, two or more words Domains in different languages. They have a pretty in depth set of filters.

•••
it's easier to get money from a rock than from domainers. You could setup a site and try your luck monetizing from ads.

•••
D. Haynes is right. My scanner gives similar results than expiredomain. Very impressive!
On to the next project :)

Last edited:
•••
Once they drop, OneWord.Domains do this for many TLDs, but if I understand your script is pre-expiry.
Bob

•••
Basically my scripts compares a text file with words (in my case dictionary) and a text file provided by any services (pre-expiry or deleted or anything that you provide). It is written in Rust programming language and it is very fast for large files.

•••
If you have any demo, please share.

•••
The Rust Script is in my computer's terminal. I would need to port it to a server and have an interface done. Like I said, expired domain is doing the same thing and it works very well. As an example here are some "one-word" pre-release I got from namejet for Tomorrow (21/04/21). expired domain gets about the same results:

foams.org
sleaved.com
answers.vip
control.vip
affianced.org
outbreaker.info
oxygens.org
anxiety.vip
etc..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back