Dynadot

Domain Name Portfolio Script Feedback

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello fellow NP members,

Hundreds of hours so far have been spent on developing my new Domain Portfolio script, which is planned for release next month.

I've been a member of NamePros for nearly 8 years and if I've learnt anything from being here, it's that you guys know domains, so I need your help!

Like many of you, I've seen domain portfolio scripts pop up over the last few years, unfortunately a lot now go unsupported or have a lack of features.

Now I'm not going to lie, the script won't be completely free of charge, however a free version will be available and the premium version will (from what I've seen) still be cheaper than any premium domain portfolio script on the market.

Now, I'd be extremely grateful if you guys have any recommendations in regards to the system or it's features, so far we plan to implement the following:

-PayPal Integration
-Google Checkout Integration
-Automated Whois Information
-Ability for customers to make offers
-Estibot API
-Ad Management
-Search Engine Optimization
-Template Engine
-Add/Edit/Remove Domains, Categories
-Custom Pages (CMS)

(Special thanks to Eric_Lyon for some of the suggestions already made)

In comparison to other scripts on the market, we also plan to release designs at a far higher quality than those we've seen.

Several free licenses will be provided to BETA testers next month, I'm more than willing to give those that make helpful suggestions the chance to take part in that also.

Thanks in advance,
Sean Preston
:loveyou:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey Sean,

I JUST sent ya over a PM with suggestions for your NEW Domain Portfolio Script that you are planning on releasing in the near future. Please PM me back when you can. :)

Thanks Sean! BEST of Luck! :)

•••
These features are really great features..

•••
These were the features/options I'd recommended to Peter when he was developing his domain portfolio script in 2009, guess they're just as relevant now. Though they were completely specific to his script, you might find some ideas here.

|$> Multiple front end designs

|$> Admin search to locate domains by name / extension

|$> CSV upload

|$> Auto Categorization.

|$> Saving of offers on site in case email is misplaced

|$> Additional Domain info: related keywords (auto tagging), searches / month, # search results, additional adwords info if possible.

|$> Single page admin editing of categories, prices, sale status, etc

|$> SEO Friendly URLs

|$> Auto Tagging (adding popular tags based on domain keyword)

|$> HTML Descriptions for domains

|$> Editing of Titles for Capitalization

|$> Auto hide Domains on expiry

|$> Select all on admin page / select entire portfolio / deselect.

|$> Price field + Direct checkout via paypal/escrow integration.

|$> Featured / Premium Category Boxes on home page

|$> Easy method to add sedo / afternic / tdnam etc affiliate codes.

|$> Easier to implement Pages / Sidebar or Page 'boxes' for adsense etc.

|$> Saved searches

|$> Multiple front end layouts / More templates (only available to paid users)

|$> HTML Domain Description (text editor?)

|$> Single page admin editing of categories, prices, sale status, etc

|$> Additional Domain info: related keywords (auto tagging), searches / month, # search results, additional adwords info if possible.

|$> Auto Categorization.

Here's the link to Peter's script: http://collectionmanagers.com/domain_portfolio.php

•••
•••
I used Domain Portfolio Manager v1.0.1 script (author: Eric Sizemore) .. same name but look like different .... i used it on my site: av9.org

Cool and easy to use.

Thank you very much for Eric.

•••
Anyone know if Sean's script was ever released?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back