Domain Name Portfolio Script - Current Version: 1.0.4

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
NamecheapNamecheap
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks,

Well, I didn't plan on releasing this here for a bit longer, but since the appearance of this thread, figured I might aswell release it.. "officially".

What is it?

Domain Name Portfolio is a FREE PHP and MySQL based application to help domain owners better organize their portfolio. It allows you to list your domains with their expiry, registrar, price, status, and category. Also allows visitors to your portfolio to contact you about a given domain.

Features (short list):

- List your domains along with a category, registrar, expiry, price, and a status.
- Domains are sortable by domain, category, registrar, expiry, price, or status.
- A quick and convienient contact form is provided for anyone interested in a domain.
- Captcha to help deter spam, and bot emails.
- Secure admin area to add, edit, delete, and set site options.
- Categories
- Domains have their own details page.
- Add domains in bulk.
- Search domains
- Custom template engine.
- Support for MySQL & MySQLi
- Nice clean template.
- Quick and easy installation.
- ...and many more!


Requirements

Tested on:

Linux / Apache
PHP 4.4.8 & 5.2.x
MySQL 4.1.21 & 5.0.x

License

Licensed under the GNU GPL v2.

Current version: 1.0.4

What's new?
You can view changes in the changelog.

Where can I get it?

Project Page: http://www.freshmeat.net/projects/dnport
Home Page: http://www.domainportfolio.us/
Demo: http://www.secondversion.com/domains/

This software is considered to be in BETA/Production Stable condition. You may encounter a bug or two. If you have any problems, ideas, or suggestions, visit the support forum.

Enjoy!

Eric
 
Last edited:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
*edit*
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Are there any particular problems or tricks I need to know to install the script on a add-on domain (hosted at Hostgator)? I have followed the instructions - created a mysql database, changed the includes/config.php info, and uploaded the DNP folder sans the docs folder nto the add-on domain folder. But when I go to http://www."mydomainname".com/path/to/install/ I get a 404 error page.

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?
 
0
•••
krx,

when it says /path/to/install/ it means the path to the install folder. For example:

Let's say I was using the domain: secondversion.com and I am using a folder for the script named: domains

/path/to/install/ would be: secondversion.com/domains/install/
 
0
•••
That worked - Thank you!

I have completed the install and deleted the install and docs folders. However when I go to the site (NamingVentures.com) the portfolio page shows up as a link. Did I miss a step?
 
0
•••
Move the files out of the "DomainNamePortfolio_1-0-3 Folder" and into the main 'nameventures' folder. Ex: Right now if you go into FTP, you probably will see cgi-bin and DomainNamePortfolio_1-0-3 Folder. Move the files to this view, so once done, it'll show the cgi-bin, + all the script files.
 
0
•••
That worked. Thanks again.
 
0
•••
Okay so now I'm trying to bulk add domains. The expiration date format needs to be: MM/DD/YYYY.

In excel for Mac 2004 this date format MM/DD/YYYY is about the only option that isn't available. The closest is M/DD/YYYY which doesn't work (e.g. I got this error message: "3/13/2010 for dalra.com is an invalid expiration date." Either in the wrong format, or a past date. Please use the format: mm/dd/yyyy").

So ... what's the trick to using an excel or csv spreadsheet to bulk add domains that gets the date right?

Thanks - and apologies for the newb question.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Updated to 1.0.4, http://www.namepros.com/1212575-post1.html



krx said:
Okay so now I'm trying to bulk add domains. The expiration date format needs to be: MM/DD/YYYY.

In excel for Mac 2004 this date format MM/DD/YYYY is about the only option that isn't available. The closest is M/DD/YYYY which doesn't work (e.g. I got this error message: "3/13/2010 for dalra.com is an invalid expiration date." Either in the wrong format, or a past date. Please use the format: mm/dd/yyyy").

So ... what's the trick to using an excel or csv spreadsheet to bulk add domains that gets the date right?

Thanks - and apologies for the newb question.
Has to be in that format, although, as for excel/csv - I'm taking a look into it. For now, you may have to manually edit the dates - unless someone more experienced with Excel knows of an option within Excel that would correct the format.
 
0
•••
Eric said:
Has to be in that format, although, as for excel/csv - I'm taking a look into it. For now, you may have to manually edit the dates - unless someone more experienced with Excel knows of an option within Excel that would correct the format.

It's actually a simple fix: First select the date row, then > Format > Cells > Custom (under "category") > then type in MM/DD/YYYY in the "type" box.

Got this from rpanella on another thread.
 
0
•••
I like this script,but is there someone who can help me to install this on my domain?

I really appreciate your help!
 
0
•••
I'll install it for you. Feel free to PM me.
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back