Domain Empire

tips Domain name parameters

NameSilo
Watch

xovator

Impact
What are the parameters of domain names have value?
Which lists the domain name you would like to get paid / free of charge?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are we talking parameters from an SEO standpoint, or Domaining standpoint?

If SEO, you would want to be looking at parameters like MOZrank, PageRank, DA/PA/TF. Some webmasters look for higher numbers than others, so it really depends on what you want. If a Domaining standpoint, you would want to find parameters like how many Google results a domain may have, are there any potential businesses with similar domains already developed, are there limited numbers of them (such as LLL/NNN..etc)

I'm not really sure about your second question because it doesn't make much sense to me.

•••
There are many parameters to look for. Too many to give you a solid answer on (At leat right now because I'm typing this on my phone)

One thing to avoid, that I have seen a lot of new domainers do, is add an "s" to certain words, and think it is a premium name.

An example of when you should not add an "s" is:

DomainForSales.com

"For sales" with the "s" at the end of the word is not proper grammar, but I see it a lot.

Avoid using dashes or hyphens in your domain unless you know it's really good.

Never a use big company name in your domain. Trademark infringement will get you in trouble.

As far as the domain lists, I would go with the free ones. The most reliable one for me is expireddomains.net

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back