IT.COM

interviews Domain Name Liquidity: What is It, Where Was It, Where Will It Be?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainSherpa

DomainSherpa.comVIP Member
DomainSherpa.com
Impact

DNSeattle took place on Thursday, May 12, 2016 at GoDaddy’s headquarters in Kirkland, Washington, just North of Seattle — and raised more than $5,000 to help find a cure for cancer!

More than 90 attendees met, networked and learned about domain name liquidity during this live panel session with Jeffrey Emerick (individual investor, Brand Bucket Ambassador), Dave Evanson (Sedo) and Joe Styler (GoDaddy).

NamesCon wrote up a fantastic summary of the event, and is offering $299 NamesCon tickets ($300 off!) to DNSeattle attendees for their January 2017 event using the DNS299 coupon code. Get it now — see you there!

Also, our event photo album is live at DNSeattle.com. (Thanks Shari Bradbury!)

And, special thanks to the Zandibot, Ali Zandi, for his mad skillz adjusting the audio of today’s show.

Watch the panel discussion:
http://www.domainsherpa.com/dnseattle-2016/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thank you Mike for an interesting panel discussion. Jeffrey admitted in your Domain Sherpa interview last year (and at NamesCon when I talked with him briefly) that he missed out completely on investing in LLLL CHIPs. He said he invested in Non-Chip LLLLs. However, in today's video, you say he is an experienced CHIP investor who was "able to take advantage of the rise in CHIP prices" enough to make a down payment on a house. I like his hustle and I think he knows the LLLL.com market quite well but it's misleading to say he made money buying/selling LLLL CHIPs when that's not true.

•••
You're welcome, @abcproductions.

Yes, Jeffrey @Domainzy bought mainly Western LLLL domains. But the rise in CHiPs "raised all boats" and he saw increases in the value of his domains too, which allowed him (from what I understand) to liquidate enough for his down payment. That was my intent in the introduction at DNSeattle.

Anyone interested can refer to Jeffrey's original interview for details of what he revealed at that time:
http://www.domainsherpa.com/jeffrey-emerick-hustling/

It's definitely worth a watch.

•••
Interesting video indeed.....

Definitely worth the watch!

•••
Thanks for the video and discussion, worth watching.

•••
It was a great time! @DomainSherpa Thanks for putting together another great DNSeattle! You always deliver such a well put together meet-up! and That fudge is amazing!! I keep trying to hide it from myself! haha

It was nice to meet more people face to face! It was enjoyable to chat about BB with seasoned sellers and introduce BB to some new investors!...I was surprised how many people asked me "So what IS Brand Bucket?" Excited to see what new names will be listed by these new BB sellers!

And thanks to everyone who traveled to this event to help make it a night to remember!

Cheers!
Jeffrey

•••
I watched this earlier today after picking it up off of Twitter. I found it a really great discussion. Thanks for doing it, and sharing it so widely. TBH, I'm normally "allergic" to videos and podcasts because -- well, many reasons, but one is that I can read faster than anyone can talk (as a rule). But this was s good it made me think I need to be listening to your podcasts. So ThumbsUp!!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back