IT.COM

Domain Name Coalition On Drop Catching

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dave_Z

Electrifying GuyTop Member
Impact
Just got this from DomainState:

http://www.redorbit.com/news/techno...e_dropcatching/index.html?source=r_technology

Find this part rather intriguing:

Whether employed by a few select parties or used more broadly, this behavior limits consumer choice, preys on consumers through criminal schemes to defraud them and negatively impacts the experiences of all Internet users.

CADNA calls upon ICANN and legislative bodies to take decisive action to curb these abuses.
Hmm, sounds like along the lines what Rick Schwartz warned in DNJournal.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
wikes82 said:
read this on slashdot today
http://slashdot.org/articles/08/02/01/0146222.shtml

some people recommended to nix the grace period, and raising the first year registration price to $100 (and cheap renewal) to prevent domainers abusing domain name.

I've been reading whingers say things like this for the past 14 years, ever since they missed out on regging good names. They are spoilers, nothing more. I haven't got $900k names, or even $100k names, yet I don't begrudge others who are fortunate enough in getting them.

You don't see these whingers advocating similar ideas for real estate and shares. It's okay to speculate on everything from dirt in the ground to pork on the pig's back, but when someone invests in domain names they are the worst people out and should be penalised financially. What a load of crap!

Slashdot is a great forum for bleaters and whiners. There was one dude in that thread who whined about how he couldn't get a good name for his business. What b*llsh*t. He's the type who wouldn't spend $1000 on a good name, yet he'll blow $50,000 on a fancy shop fit-out or a couple of grand on stationary. What a loser.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back