IT.COM

Domain Marketplace 3% commission?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sirbigman

Established Member
Impact
Hi NP,

Me and my team are thinking of getting a new domain marketplace (ie. Undeveloped, Brandbucket, Brandpa) which would work in the favour of the seller and buyer by charging a small fee of 3% per sale with escrow fees included. The marketplace would be very simple but effective, user account for buyers and sellers, auctions and websites for sale. To keep the scammers away we would verify each seller and a monthly fee of $30 would be required. My company would use those money to advertise the website in Google AdWords.

The golden question is, would you sign up for something like that?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
investors pays millions dollars to make there websites profitable and start earn money
and you want us to pay you 30$ monthly fees before you even develop your site
if the idea will accpet by members here you will find 5000 domainers start develop there own marketplace
sorry i will not sign in

•••
Your Idea seems to be not so bad.
But, this works only for premium domain names with high value.
good luck :)

•••
no, but let me know if you need a brand name for your marketplace XD

•••
•••
Damn, 46% increase? Very strange, unless you’re driving traffic through ads or other methods, that looks like an anomaly.
I already checked your organic traffic and I realised that it comes from type ins mostly, I assume it comes from domains parked. Nobody is trying to demote your business, we’re just discussing a new and more affordable option.
most people dont even having for sale pages or are listed on a marketplace. I just found this crypto name that I fell in love with but the owner was hiding behind privacy...after some digging I found a another name with his contact info and reached out to the owner to list it on our site for sale....I was shocked to see that he had over 3000 domains mainly crypto based that have been sitting on godaddy cashparking ....now all of them have for sale pages connected to them....just doing the basics could increase your domain sales double digit %

•••
•••
Create a niche domain marketplace will give you higher chance and easier success than "just another domain marketplace" to fight with establish giants when you don't have any USP.

Good luck

•••
How about building a domainer market for domainers to sell for resell price only?
I don't have my names list here cos end users might google and find it here.
Another thing paypal would cos 6% for sellers in my country, and charge back issues. Can't guarantee I wouldn't miss the paypal emails.

•••
The general market always has room for something that supersedes its predecessors!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back