IT.COM

discuss Domain Industry Influencers vs Social blabs

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
Can we keep going on the journey to become a Influencers or do we just sell to a bigger, pay %, blab on Twitter, FB, etc. and call it a day?

People do not like to engage with a domain investors bc of squatter tag and they're tired of seeing y domain name sales pitch after sales pitch.

// "stop pitching and start solving problems" ( Unknown ) //

Regards

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I can't stand the "influencer" label in any field. It is annoying.

To me it is almost synonymous with someone with little to no actual value to add.

Brad

Last edited:
•••

To me it is almost synonymous with someone with little to no actual value to add.

Brad

How about "Ambassador"?

•••

Brad
Yeh it's one of those labels that seems on par to me as being a "pusher". I was never too keen on it either. It seems artificial and deceptive, which is probably apt.

I would not let an influencer lead me into battle, but might let a leader influence me to join.

Yes ambassador could lead the charge too.

•••
Last edited:
•••

Hi

i concur

the influencer, becomes a tool, once one adopts the label.

they may or may not realize, the mechanics of what the tool can do

as they turn, twist, and spin it, to reflect and inject the motivation, to stimulate the motive, objective or directive, that the influencer tool wishes or is directed, to take their crowd.

what's most notable though, about influencers, are those that become influenced.

imo...

•••
I think there are many influencers on social media and many people trying to influence the market on NamePros in attempt to create a market that is not there and to make their own investments (better keywords) more valuable.

Even the high profile domain investors who people look up to and who people think they are giving you advise, they aren’t really advising you due to their kind nature and from the bottom of their hearts, make no mistake they are trying to influence the market for themselves and their own interests (to make their own assets more valuable).

It’s not just domains, take crypto for example, one of the most high profile investors in that is M.Saylor (won’t type his name in full), billionaire already, but the biggest cheerleader of crypto, why is that? If Bitcoin was such a sure thing, why not just stay quiet and take it all yourself? You don’t shout to the world that you’ve just found hidden money tree and telling everyone where it is, you keep it quiet.

Truth is, there is no money tree and Bitcoin not a sure thing, he needs people to invest to make his own investments more valuable and that’s the only reason he’s telling anyone who will listen to invest in Bitcoin.

Last edited:
•••

Brad

I know an 'influencer', I wince every time I see her hacking a product like it is the latest and greatest. I think 'influencers' are kind of like the Wizard in the Wizard of Oz, only the curtain has already been pulled back.

Last edited:
•••
My brain auto substitutes the word grifter every time I see influencer.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back