IT.COM

question Domain I want to sell to movie studio

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

regi allen

Impact
i own the domain TEAMBLACKPATHER.com

how do i approach the marvel movie studio about buying it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I doubt they would want it, and it is also a potential trademark issue obviously.

Brad

•••
"Black Panther" is a trademark

Do not approach Marvel with this name, you could end up in a lawsuit. Trying to get money from them is showing bad faith and infringing on their TM

As Brad said, they wont want the name anyway

Black Panther
Filing Date October 27, 2014
Current Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Published for Opposition March 22, 2016
Owner (APPLICANT) Marvel Characters, Inc. CORPORATION DELAWARE 500 South Buena Vista Street Burbank CALIFORNIA 91521
Attorney of Record Steve Ackerman
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

•••
TEAMBLACKPATHER.com = where is the N

•••
I sold a domain to a movie producer for mid-five figures but I was actually in the process of trying to sell it to someone else for the same price when the producer stepped in and scooped it up. But my name was bought for a future project, not an existing one.

I think OP misspelled it here at Namepros but judging by the fact that the correctly spelled name is registered and the one missing the N is available, I think he has teamblackpanther (for what it's worth).

Just as an aside:
https://www.highsnobiety.com/2017/10/25/lexus-black-panther-concept/

As far as the TM "black panther" there are a gang of TMs for this, not all of them belong to Marvel. One may obtain a new TM for, or simply use a TM'ed phrase or word, for anything that is not likely to be confused with an existing mark. It's not necessarily panic time just because a word or even the exact or only word in your domain is a trademark.

Last edited:
•••
As far as the TM "black panther" there are a gang of TMs for this, not all of them belong to Marvel. One may obtain a new TM for, or simply use a TM'ed phrase or word, for anything that is not likely to be confused with an existing mark. It's not necessarily panic time just because a word or even the exact or only word in your domain is a trademark.

True, but that defense goes out the window when you say you want to sell it to Marvel.

Brad

•••
Obvious bad faith and TM infringement here. Delete domain ASAP.

•••
There is a way to sell it to Marvel. It involves some preliminary steps. But I doubt they would want it so might not be worth the steps.

•••
There is a way to sell it to Marvel. It involves some preliminary steps. But I doubt they would want it so might not be worth the steps.

You are a lawyer, so you could represent him right?

•••
lol. Look, all I am saying is that there is a way to sell most (not all) domains that are existing trademarks even to the company that has the trademark. But it involves some preliminary work and a certain approach. How to do it? OP may contact me and hire me for the process. :)

After all,

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back