Dynadot

Domain Hangman: Guess the Domain, Win the Domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
First member to post the complete domain name wins the domain.

You may try to guess the full domain at anytime. Don't solve the puzzle if you don't want the domain!

Rules for guessing a letter:

1) One letter at a time.
Players may guess one letter at a time, like in hangman or Wheel of Fortune.

2) One player at a time. I will only respond to one player's letter guess at a time. If I haven't replied to another player yet, save your guess until I respond to them.

3) Take turns. If I reply to your letter guess, you must wait until another player has guessed a letter before guessing another letter.

4) Guess carefully. Three wrong guesses (letter or full domain) and you're out for the round!

I will try to be as fair as possible in determining the winner. My mistakes in giving clues will not nullify the contest if someone guesses the correct name in spite of my errors. If there is any dispute of a winner, I will ask a moderator to review. Thanks and have fun!

Round 1:
12 letter domain (registrar: Dotster)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ . _ _ _

Go for it, guess a letter.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••

You may try to guess the full domain at anytime. Don't solve the puzzle if you don't want the domain!

Rules for guessing a letter:

1) One letter at a time.
Players may guess one letter at a time, like in hangman or Wheel of Fortune.

2) One player at a time. I will only respond to one player's letter guess at a time. If I haven't replied to another player yet, save your guess until I respond to them.

3) Take turns. If I reply to your letter guess, you must wait until another player has guessed a letter before guessing another letter.

4) Guess carefully. Three wrong guesses (letter or full domain) and you're out for the round!

I will try to be as fair as possible in determining the winner. My mistakes in giving clues will not nullify the contest if someone guesses the correct name in spite of my errors. If there is any dispute of a winner, I will ask a moderator to review. Thanks and have fun!

one 4

Round April 20, 2020:
7 character domain (registrar: SAV.com) Expiration: 12/12/20

- - - - 4 - - .com

Wrong guesses: r, e, a

@alcy : 2 [r, a]

@Steven McEvoy : 1 [e]

Last edited:
•••
•••

You are so close to getting it, and you know it.

As currently, per original rule #3 [your guess is invalid], You will have to wait until somebody else posts a guess, then you can guess again another character. ;)

Until then, you could use WHOIS to match registrar/expiration date, to try and guess the domain outright! (y)

•••
what? so close ot getting it? what tools are you using there? what the heck ;)

•••
what? so close ot getting it? what tools are you using there? what the heck ;)

Well, teleptahy would probably be the best.

Though, I'd argue @Steven McEvoy knows every character in the domain already, whether he knows it or not. His last two (one official, one invalid) + a ;) signified he knew.

•••
Well, teleptahy would probably be the best.

Though, I'd argue @Steven McEvoy knows every character in the domain already, whether he knows it or not. His last two (one official, one invalid) + a ;) signified he knew.

i was just making fun of what he wrote on previous page when he didn't win the last game ;)

•••
i was just making fun of what he wrote on previous page when he didn't win the last game ;)

Oh, I hadn't seen it yet.

I use namedroppers when I play domain hangman as a contestant.

Then try to validate any potentials based off whois.

More technical skill can be implemented into domain hangman than traditional hangman.

•••
< still waiting for next guess >

can be from anyone besides the last guesser.

•••
Actually he said one letter at a time

didnt say anything about number

Since dont #’s usually, unless theyre poor.

@Steven McEvoy should be valid

1) One letter at a time. Players may guess one letter at a time, like in hangman or Wheel of Fortune.

Never said anything about “number”
Plus it was obvious. Carry on :xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••

(Since dont usually #’s unless theyre poor.

1) One letter at a time. Players may guess one letter at a time, like in hangman or Wheel of Fortune.

technically he said 7 characters.. but in all honesty, when I made my guesses, I assumed all hangman games are letters only :) im no pro at hangman.. but I thiought hangman = letters only AND dictonary words only.. its possible im all wrong.

•••
technically he said 7 characters.. but in all honesty, when I made my guesses, I assumed all hangman games are letters only :) im no pro at hangman.. but I thiought hangman = letters only AND dictonary words only.. its possible im all wrong.

I like it; the tiebreaker should be “420” obvious

Leave it to him to invent new one.

•••
I like it; the tiebreaker should be “420” obv

Leave it to him to invent new one.

ahah good guess... i didn't think of that. i am stupid today.

•••

(Since dont usually #’s unless theyre poor.

Never said anything about “number”
Plus it was obvious. Carry on :xf.grin:

Ahh... I love the attention to detail!

By the letter of the game, @Samer would be correct.

Though, going by how the game has historically been played, seeing to one guess at a time (unless you can point to another example of a number exclusion) I am going to extend one letter at a time, to one number at a time. (though, possibly, a rule to be touched on / clarified later)

•••
ahah good guess... i didn't think of that. i am stupid today.

Plot twist: now you know what the “;)” meant in stevens first “4” guess. was 2 steps ahead.

If it’s any cancellation, i dont dont think can get away with 3#’s clarification / no clarification :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
Plot twist: now you know what the “;)” meant in stevens first “4” guess. was 2 steps ahead.

If it’s any cancellation, i dont dont think can get away with 3#’s

Please, only one guess at a time.

Are you guessing 2, 4, or none of the above?

•••
0!! i thought we were grandfathered clause :dead:

Aw man, rule changes should made after this 1
(since only letters remain)

Ok ok you win. Have fun, i tried get rest. tough!

Last edited:
•••

If it’s any cancellation, i dont dont think can get away with 3#’s clarification / no clarification :xf.wink:

Bet? :pokerface:

0!! i thought we were grandfathered clause :dead:

One 0

Round April 20, 2020:
7 character domain (registrar: SAV.com) Expiration: 12/12/20

- 0 - 0 4 - 0 .com

Wrong guesses: r, e, a

@alcy : 2 [r, a]

@Steven McEvoy : 1 [e]

•••
dont tell me you fooled us by saying 7 characters intead of 7 numbers?
thats mean. hqhhahaha

•••
dont tell me you fooled us by saying 7 characters intead of 7 numbers?
thats mean. hqhhahaha

Sooo many clues lol

•••
Love ya grilled he’s great host.

own bias against grilled and/or registrar aside

Samer

Last edited:
•••
7 minutes til it's 4:20 PM yall!
on 2020 April 20
in California..

Last edited:
•••
Love ya grilled he’s great host.

own bias against grilled and/or registrar aside

Samer

this is very sneaky host
we all got grilled

•••
I'm hoping somebody posts (claims) the domain at 4:20 PM (in 5 minutes)
which would be 2320 Zulu time

🤞

Last edited:
•••
I'm hoping somebody posts (claims) the domain at 4:20 PM (in 5 minutes)

🤞

i think your rule says alcy wins it if that doesn't happen right?
its rule number #43455454
check it out

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back