NameSilo

Domain email forwarding

Labeled as question in Domain Beginners started by Jason Morris, Aug 14, 2019 at 3:44 AM.

Replies:
Views:

1. Jason Morris

Jason Morris Established Member

Has anyone had any success forwarding all email from a domain (*@mydomain.com)? I can't seem to find an easy solution, I'd be grateful for any advice or links.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Gube

Gube Established Member

Yes.
    It's quite easy with ImprovMx
    You change the MX fields of the domain in the dns and then set a catch-all email.

3. Jason Morris

Thanks Gube, I'm on their website now and will attempt to set this up, thank you for your help! If successful, I'll write a blog post about this because I searched and searched google, and couldn't find a *suitable* solution.

4. onni

onni Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

Most registrars, providing you are using their DNS, have a way to create a catch all forwarding address.

Are you using your registrars or a hosting companies DNS?

5. Gube

Gube Established Member

Some offer this service, others don't
    OVH for exemple doesn't give the possibility to create catch-all emails
    In that case, ImprovMx is a good choice, It's free and easy to set up

6. Jason Morris

the 2 I'm currently using is GoDaddy and Dynadot - GoDaddy's is extremely difficult to configure, and Dynadot, is impossible to use - both work well if you have hosting, but for my for-sale DNs I don't have hosting.

7. onni

I do have a couple forwarded email address with dynadot. It's pretty easy.

Go to ‘Manage Domains’, click the domain in question, look for ‘manage email settings’, then ‘Forwarding Email’

Here is a screenshot:

Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 1.28.26 PM.png

8. Gube

Gube Established Member

9. Jason Morris

yes, that's what I thought to - then it threw error when I filled them out because the domains aren't on their DNS servers - so, (I changed nameservers to efty for landing pages) I was going to move them back to dynadot to make the change only to find out that's not possible - they won't let me move it back to them since I don't have any services through them. I'm going to reach out to their support when I have time, seems a little whack.

10. onni

Hrmm, that’s strange. If your domain is registered with dynadot, you should be able to use their DNS. To forward email and still use efty for a landing page, you’ll need to host the DNS somewhere that will allow you to forward email to one place and forward the domain somewhere else.

11. Jurgen Wolf

Jurgen Wolf Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019 at 12:20 AM
  12. Jess Robison

Jess Robison Member Epik.com Staff

At Epik.com you can setup FREE Email Forwarding (catch all) when using our DNS. Simple and quick setup. I see @Gube supplied a screenshot above. If you are interested you can reach me directly at [email protected].

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: