NameSilo

Domain disappeared from closeouts?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
So i was watching an expiring domain on GD, there were no bids so i figured ill let it go to closeouts in 10 min and just buy it asap. I did exactly that a week ago with another domain.

Well this time it expired with no bids, i keep refreshing, it never goes to closeout and suddenly when i go to the url it has a uniregistry lander to make an offer? how is that possible

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
More than likely the domain was expired at a registrar other than GD. In this circumstance the domain can still be renewed/transferred out during auction.

•••
easy... previous owner renewed it.

normally they do it after they get some bids.. but.. you never know.. they still own them.. so when they wanna renew, they renew.

this domain was obviously not regged on gd before
u can do that with their domains after auction ends.

cheers

•••
I was mistaken..... Didn't notice the uniregistry lander part.

Last edited:
•••
easy... previous owner renewed it.

normally they do it after they get some bids.. but.. you never know.. they still own them.. so when they wanna renew, they renew.

this domain was obviously not regged on gd before
u can do that with their domains after auction ends.

cheers
godaddy shows as the registrar on whois

•••
If you let me know the domain I will let you know what happened. It is not likely that a domain that expired with us and was in the closeouts would be given to a new owner that quickly. It is more likely that the domain was a transfer or was renewed at another registrar but without the domain I can't know for sure what happened.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back