Domain Empire

Does This Scream Scam to You?

NameSilo
Watch
Hello All,

I was just on Ebay and found a no reserve auction for you.com. The bidding in the first few hours already is up to $700. Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11153&item=5720127933&rd=1

But here are my concerns:
1. The name is being sold by someone who just registered on Ebay today and has no feedback.
2. The name is being auctioned without reserve with a very low starting price ($9).
3. The listing does nothing to confirm current ownership of the domain and the description seems very limited given the high quality of this domain.

I would certainly love to own this domain, but on the other hand, if I already did and wanted to sell it, I wouldn't just place it up on Ebay with a no reserve start of $9. I appraise this domain to easily be a 5-6 figure name. Why would the owner use ebay and risk such a low price return?

Does this smell funny to you too! Do you really think it's the owner, or someone with the owner's permission trying to sell this one? I'm smelling scam...what do you think?

Thanks and I'll look forward to your replys.
Andrew

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
this is the same person who was auctioning off www.paypal.net

either he's a scammer, or a domain noob who doesn't know a good place to auction off domains

•••
•••
stjjchs said:
this is the same person who was auctioning off www.paypal.net

either he's a scammer, or a domain noob who doesn't know a good place to auction off domains

Scam alert (I know, shocking that these are occurring at Ebay)! :blink:

Same dude as the one offering "Paypal.net", as mentioned above ...
The item you requested (5720127933) is invalid, still pending, or no longer in our database. Please check the number and try again. If this message persists, the item has either not started and is not yet available for viewing, or has expired and is no longer available.

:wave:

•••
also heard that the whois for those domains are different then each other ;)

•••
•••
It looks like it was a scam indeed, along with the listing for paypal.net too. Ebay has already taken these name's listing down and hopefully suspended this seller. Isn't it a bummer that this kinda stuff occurs and that there are folks out there who try these scams?

Crazy Stuff
Andrew

•••
anyone who will want to fork out thousands for that domain will definitely do some background checks on them, how could he be so stupid? and choosing paypal too...

•••
so.. what was the domain on ebay?

•••
•••
bid and insist on escrow (and say youll pay the fees)

•••
yea the domain is off of ebay, anyone mind saying what the domain was?

•••
csmaster2005 said:
yea the domain is off of ebay, anyone mind saying what the domain was?

You.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back