Dynadot

question Does owning multiple domains help?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bernard Wright

Established Member
Impact
Let’s say I am building a site that is all about tubas. We’ll call it TubaScoop dot com. It will have a section for visitors to read tuba ratings (ratings.tubascoop subdomain), a marketplace where visitors can purchase tuba parts (parts.tubascoop subdomain), and so on.

Is there an SEO advantage to owning TubaRatings dot com, TubaParts dot com, etc?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No. Unless they were legitimate live sites with existing genuine (not spammed) backlinks.

•••
I would have to think that if that Tubaparts would actually be searched and would bring traffic to your first choice Tubascoop, Now if there was a competitive market wouldn't two sites give you more lotto chances. If the second generic promotes the brand it is all helping.

•••
It is not "help".

You MUST to have multiple domains because that's how this business works. By chances and statistical possibilities.

Exception - one ultra-premium domain like Media.Marketing

•••
I would have to think that if that Tubaparts would actually be searched and would bring traffic to your first choice Tubascoop, Now if there was a competitive market wouldn't two sites give you more lotto chances. If the second generic promotes the brand it is all helping.

Search is not lotto.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back