Domain Empire

Does advertising work?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello friends,

I like to know if someone has had good/great results with advertising on major websites (e.g. MSN, Fox, CBS, etc.) or do you stick with Facebook?

Hoping to see alot of comments :)
Thanks

Bart

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think it depends on what you mean by "works" if you mean generating more money then the ads costs that’s usually doesn’t happen in my experience. But if you are also just trying to get your name out and publicity yeah it works.

Most people I know that have placed ads never got enough actual sales and profit back from the traffic to cover the ad costs.

•••
I suppose it depends on what the product or service is that you are advertising. What's the appeal of it? Is it relevant to the users that will be browsing the sites? How easy is the 'sell'? How much does each sale bring in? The sites you mention are somewhat generic 'portals' or news sites. I don't know from personal experience if those are good for consumer type products. Maybe you can share what product or service you are trying to promote and solicit ideas for good places to advertise them.

•••
Hello friends,

I like to know if someone has had good/great results with advertising on major websites (e.g. MSN, Fox, CBS, etc.) or do you stick with Facebook?

Hoping to see alot of comments :)
Thanks

Bart

I haven't tried major sites but facebook only. It is giving me traffic but very low percentage of conversions.

•••
It surely depends on site owner's analysis that give success on advertising, like if you think people who visits like CBS would interest on the product or services the site offer.

•••
Always know who exactly is your target audience first (your buyers) and what type of websites they like to visit. Then you can put some ads on those same sites.

A great tool that can help you out with this is Quantcast.

•••
I have invested on google nothing else.

•••
It just for publicity of your name and brand. May it gives big returns.
Publicity on local websites is also good option.

•••
absolutely,advertising will work but it depends on how you advertise your site.......just dont spam

•••
billions of dollars are spent every year on advertising, so it must work. But having said this not every campaign is successful.

•••
Google, yahoo, bing & then facebook.

•••
I'm sure all advertising works to some degree

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back