NameSilo

Do you think namepro should change interface?

Labeled as poll in NamePros Help and Feedback, started by Jimmysun, Feb 24, 2020

Replies:
Views:

?

Do you think namepro should change interface?

1. 1. Yes, it's a little too old. It should be replaced

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. 2. Maybe, but it feels like home every time I come back

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  3. 3. I'm not sure. I'm afraid I won't get used to it

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. 4. Not sure. It's possible that half of the users will leave

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. 5. I think it's better to add some comfortable functions, such as...

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  6. 6.NO!

11 vote(s)
    47.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Total: 25 vote(s)
  1. Jimmysun

Jimmysun Established Member

If I run a decent website and want to make a big change, I really need a lot of confidence to do this.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Mod Team Bravo

Mod Team Bravo Moderator, NamePros Moderator PRO VIP Gold Account

Hello,

NamePros tends to make a lot of small visual changes and improvements that over time add up to its unique theme.

Interestingly, visitors ask us often (as recently as yesterday) what theme we use because they're starting a forum in another industry and would like to use the NamePros design, but every design change is custom, so unless someone steals it without permission, you won't see anything that looks exactly like NamePros elsewhere.

Thanks for taking the time to offer a new design for everyone to consider!

The "More..." link at the bottom of widgets is a good idea. The functionality already exists, but many visitors don't realize that the headings of most widgets are links to view more.

The down arrow on the username is also a good idea to indicate that there are more options available there.

This may be a misunderstanding of how thread alerts work, but we reached out to you in a direct message just to be sure.

That's the idea, since it allows users from other forums to be familiar with many aspects of it, and we hope any modifications by NamePros are for the better.

There is a "Desktop Version" link at the bottom of the website for mobile devices that might help.

Agreed; the search is a major pain point for us. We hope to improve it.

Let's please keep that discussion in its own thread.

The tech team tends to like that kind of theme/mode, so there's a good chance it will happen one day. :)

Example, please?

Thanks.

3. Jimmysun

Thank you, I am glad you said that, for example:
    upload_2020-2-25_4-37-3.png
    and of course you could turn off the functions in the setting if you feel annoying.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  4. Jimmysun

I like a website that has extremely a lot of good functions but the theme is very clean.

5. Bernard Wright

Bernard Wright Established Member

I don't want things to start shaking. It will make this site look tacky IMO.

6. Jimmysun

Maybe, it's just an example, or maybe when the users get used to it they can't get rid of it anymore.:sneaky:

7. Bernard Wright

Bernard Wright Established Member

Do you want to make the site better, or just more amusing?

8. Jimmysun

I guess to make the website better the content is most important, the theme is just for comfort purposes. I am just suggesting to having people discuss, besides I don't run the forum.

9. Jimmysun

and I don't think it's amusing, I will be happy to see shaking if someone "quote" me and response, that happens rarely.

10. Mod Team Bravo

Mod Team Bravo Moderator, NamePros Moderator PRO VIP Gold Account

If you hover over a topic for 1 second, it will show a snippet of it.

Is that what you're suggesting for #3, or are you suggesting something else?

11. Jimmysun

That's ok, I am just kinda self picky that like round shape and smooth move, I think the result is clear most people feel good with the current theme, everyone has his own vision maybe I was wrong about the idea.

12. AdamFL

AdamFL Established Member

I'm kind of familiar with XF themes and I find this one is minimalist and just perfect. The only thing that might need a lift is the logo design, but that's another topic.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice