Domain Empire

Do you know MiniEscrow.com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Does anybody know anything about miniescrow.com ?
They offer domain escrow at 2.5% fee.
Please share your experience, I don't know if they are good or not.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It may just be that they are waiting for the payment from the buyer (assuming you are the seller).

But keep us informed! It is useful for the community to know how MiniEscrow is developing, either positively or not.

I am the Buyer. I am ready to send the payment. Waiting for their payment instructions from past 32 hours. The seller seems to be quite frustrated too.

This kind of development for sure is not good sign. I'd jump back to Sedo, Escrow, EscrowDNS if it is like this.

Bottom Line: It ain't 24/7. And if your a motivated buyer/seller looking for a quick transaction. This isn't the place.

P.S: Their payment instruction is manual and have a chat type system. Where they update and we have to wait till they give instructions.

Last edited:
•••
I would be curious to know how it ended? I just started myself a new transaction through them, but I had some hesitation, remembering this thread...

•••
Sorry for the late reply guys, I just noticed this thread while browsing NamePros :)

@-ET-: please accept our sincere apologies for the delay and I hope that we will have the opportunity to prove that what happened was an isolated incident down the road.

Almost all of the transactions which involve a push are finalized the same day (including transactions which take place on weekends) if both the buyer and the seller respond in a timely manner and as far as transfers are concerned, it all depends on which registrar has been chosen by the buyer.

Now as far as the transaction -ET- is referring to is concerned, the delay was 100% our fault, he always responded in a timely manner and did absolutely nothing wrong. He has received a 100% free future transaction at MiniEscrow as a gift and for what it's worth, we have offered the free transaction without knowing about his posts in this thread (I literally only noticed that this thread has been updated a couple of minutes ago and the gift has been offered right after the transaction ended, so we definitely didn't offer the free transaction because we noticed his post).

Are we perfect? Nope but what I can guarantee is that we're doing everything humanly possible to make sure that each and every customer is satisfied. To be perfectly honest, MiniEscrow.com is doing a lot better than I initially expected (I guess most people can't say no to a 2.5% commission haha) and a new staff member will join the team as of the 25th of February.

If there are any questions, feel free to post here or shoot me a PM.

•••
Since I just initiated a new transaction via MiniEscrow yesterday - despite having read this thread before - I am glad to read that. Thank you for the clarifications. My own, previous experience had been good, so I was surprised to see posts indicating a possible downturn. I will now see how the transaction I have initiated continues.

•••
is this a registered company? country? there is nothing on the website

•••
is this a registered company? country? there is nothing on the website

You can find the information you are referring to by placing the cursor of your mouse over the Comodo "corner of trust" image (bottom right corner) :)

•••
@-ET-: please accept our sincere apologies for the delay and I hope that we will have the opportunity to prove that what happened was an isolated incident down the road.

Almost all of the transactions which involve a push are finalized the same day (including transactions which take place on weekends) if both the buyer and the seller respond in a timely manner and as far as transfers are concerned, it all depends on which registrar has been chosen by the buyer.

Now as far as the transaction -ET- is referring to is concerned, the delay was 100% our fault, he always responded in a timely manner and did absolutely nothing wrong. He has received a 100% free future transaction at MiniEscrow as a gift and for what it's worth, we have offered the free transaction without knowing about his posts in this thread (I literally only noticed that this thread has been updated a couple of minutes ago and the gift has been offered right after the transaction ended, so we definitely didn't offer the free transaction because we noticed his post).

I was hoping to use miniescrow quite often.(You should be knowing how quick i initiated the new transactions after the first one)

But since the last incident. You have scared me off. And i have gone back to the good old reliable ones i used earlier.

Hope you have improved since then.

GoodLuck.

•••
I was hoping to use miniescrow quite often.(You should be knowing how quick i initiated the new transactions after the first one)

But since the last incident. You have scared me off. And i have gone back to the good old reliable ones i used earlier.

Hope you have improved since then.

GoodLuck.

We're looking forward to having you on board as a long-term user and proving that what happened was an isolated incident.

As mentioned previously, your next transaction will be on us, simply mention that you're "cashing in" your gift through the admin chat area of the transaction in question and we won't charge 2.5% :)

•••
•••
Thank you for sharing the information about your company - since I understand from the WHOIS it is yours. It seems to be a nice concept too. And it is interesting to see that both "low cost" initiatives have come from Europe.

But, of course, I would then ask: did anybody have an experience with SafeDN.com?

I see that it has just been created (both SafeDN.com and WCADn.com were registered last December). Of course, the fact that you have been active on this forum since 2009 is a positive sign. But we need now some people willing to try the new service!

I first thought it was an imitation of MiniEscrow, but I see that the concept is slightly different, starting with fixed prices instead of percentage. I notice that you ask the seller to send $10 before starting the transaction. Why not, considering that the price is very reasonable - but of course, if the buyer defaults, then I assume that the $10 are lost?

Anyway, I see that you have launched several connected websites for different purposes: good luck! I hope to hear positive reports about your ventures.

(Of course, since this is a MiniEscrow thread, maybe we should start a different one for SafeDN?)

•••
Try and see...

Everything has a beginning.

•••
Try and see...

Everything has a beginning.

You are right! I was actually one of the first to try MiniEscrow, just after it started, and reported (positively) on this forum. I have currently another transaction going on with them, and it seems to begoing well again. Good support.

Let's see if somebody else is willing to try SafeDN - and open another thred for reporting about it, since probably it wouldn't be fair to hijack a thread dealing with MiniEscrow.

•••
It makes sense that domainers would want to occupy that niche, since it is a rather low added-value service and not a lot of work involved and prices are usually ridiculously high.

Miniescrow.com is a great domain btw.

•••
Does anyone have any recent experiences with using MiniEscrow?

•••
Adam27, you can use ecop.com it has 1% comission

•••
No, no recent experience. The last transaction I started with them - last year - did not complete, but it was not their fault: the buyer did not send payment. Ecop.com seems indeed to be a good option. Still, I too would be interested to hear about recent experiences with MiniEscrow.

•••
After coming across this thread, I figured I'd give MiniEscrow.com a try for a sub $200 sale to a buyer in Russia. Even though the thread is quite old, I thought I'd post my experience.

I requested a transaction Sunday night, and my buyer agreed shortly after, a little before midnight Pacific standard time. Neither of us has received any communication from anyone at MiniEscrow since then. It's now 3pm Tuesday. I'm not so sure about their claim of "7/24/365".

I'll update if anything changes.

•••
Thank you for sharing. Not good that you haven't heard from them. Obviously, they owe you an explanation. It had started very well, prompt support, and they had found a good niche. But it happens that companies change, unfortunately. Sadly, this seems to be the case (have you checked your account? I remember that it did not automatically send a notification each time a new step was taken, which I found somewhat silly at the time, I had mentioned that to them).

I have had no experience or contact with them since 2011.

Kindly let us know how your experience ends - positively or negatively.

•••
Hi Brian and first of all, sorry for the late response.

We're in the process of implementing some changes and to play it safe, we won't be accepting new transactions for the time being.

There should have been a more visible warning on the site about this temporary inactivity (working on it as we speak), I assume full responsibility for the mistake and would like to once again apologize for this situation.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back