Dynadot

Do parked pages get indexed?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I just registered a bunch of free .info domains with words that are searched for frequently but probably wouldn't generate a lot of type-in traffic. I want to set up a PPC site but I'm really tempted to just park the domains at a place like Fabulous or Sedo since they would basically do all the work for me (and take a cut, of course).

My question is, would my parked domains be found by search engine crawlers (thus hopefully increasing the traffic) or would they be ignored? Does anyone know which paid parking sites are the best in terms of being indexed by search engines? Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes they are indexed. I only tried Sedo and Fabulous so I couldn't tell you about any other programs. Sedo is just a PPC page so they are going to get indexed all the same way. With Fabulous, you have a little more control over the content. But honestly, if your domain does not have existing links or natural type in traffic, being crawled is not going to bring you much traffic if any at all.

•••
Domains parked at Fabulous gets spidered and indexed without problems.

I've got a couple that ranks pretty good for their keywords as well.. :)

•••
Parked page doesn't differ in any way from a website you created, at least from the search engine's perspective :) So yes, they are indexed.

•••
.edu said:
Yes they are indexed. I only tried Sedo and Fabulous so I couldn't tell you about any other programs. Sedo is just a PPC page so they are going to get indexed all the same way. With Fabulous, you have a little more control over the content. But honestly, if your domain does not have existing links or natural type in traffic, being crawled is not going to bring you much traffic if any at all.
it doesn't matter if it doesn't get traffic, the domains were free!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back