DNF Hacked

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
DNF hacked???

Have you seen this?

http://www.DNF

Wow, Im shocked!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Damion said:
Most users where aware of the hack (It was the talk of the day) and i think if that is a reason for you to stay away from a forum then i think youΒ΄re a bit exaggerating IMO.
ItΒ΄s not something that was entirely hidden from the public and their users.

:lol:

YouΒ΄re making an issue of a non issue here Greg.

I realize others will feel differently than me about this. To me it is a big deal. I think it shows a lack of caring about their users to not even address something as important as this. After a site is hacked people have concerns about security, not to mention the ongoing password problem. I feel they owe it to their users to address this publicly. But, it's certainly their right to handle it by ignoring it as well. It just doesn't sit well with me.

•••
Your point of view is entirely understandable Greg and if would choose between not to address it or make a official statement about it i would choose to make a official announcement.

But thatΒ΄s me, on the other hand you visit that forum and this forum to learn, trade, help out and have fun and to let something like this come in between is not worth it. In fact if you would let it disturb you itΒ΄s a win for the hackers.

The lack of announcing such a event by a few responsible individuals is for me not worth it to withdraw myself from enjoying myself on the forum.

Even though the most of the DNF is restricted for me as a Gold member and i have more fun at NP :kickass:

•••
Damion, I actually paid for a platinum membership at DNF. I have no regrets about that though, I made a few sales there that more than paid for it. Also I have found myself spending more and more time here and less there, just seem to have more fun here. I guess I'll stop by DNF occasionally, but this certainly doesn't help.

•••
greggish said:
I realize others will feel differently than me about this. To me it is a big deal. I think it shows a lack of caring about their users to not even address something as important as this. After a site is hacked people have concerns about security, not to mention the ongoing password problem. I feel they owe it to their users to address this publicly. But, it's certainly their right to handle it by ignoring it as well. It just doesn't sit well with me.

Dude,

First, we care

Second, most of us were in Miami for the TRAFFIC conference, creating more logistical issues

Third, this hacker waits until he knows you are away, thus creating more of an impact.

Fourth, yes, we set all passwords to expire immediately. After being hacked, you don't agree with this?

I am sure the issue will be addressed in the very near future.

-Bob

•••
Moondog, glad to hear it. Maybe I was a bit too impatient. I guess that means there will be a post up in Site News very soon explaining all this.

•••
So your feeling of being uncomfortable is not only based on the hacking incident then? But based on multiple factors?

In that case it put things in another perspective Greg.
But to leave a forum for a single hacking incident itΒ΄s not worth it in my opinion. Such an event would not make me leave NP anyways.

Great people.
Great informational resource.
Great overall vibe.

And also great :kickass: forum leaders/Moderators!!

•••
for me,

"Your password is 969 days old, and has therefore expired."

sounds about right. :)

•••
DNF password expired ??

Hi,
I've been a member here at namepros.com and dnf for for a few years now
and I hate crossing forums with questions of the other but....... am I being paranoid now as at DNF I'm receiving..as I was already logged in.
vBulletin Message
Your password is 988 days old, and has therefore expired.

Please change your password using this page.

jim

•••
Jim
I received the same message while logged in. I changed my password, logged out and was able to get back in with my new password. Hope this helps.
Brent (guinea pig)

•••
Read the thread about them being hacked - they did this to get everyone to change their passwords.

•••
Edit: sorry a little nervous of a saturday night update (password change link)after this weeks attack

jim

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back