IT.COM

domain distanceaway.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kamila

Impact
I would like to know how much is this domain name worth? How much should I ask for if i want to sell it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

Bad english, makes no sense.

•••
•••
Distance away doesn't make much sense. Home away it's different.
Translate it in your mother tongue, it still won't make much more sense.

•••
With respect to sdsinc (who is a NamePros member I mostly agree with most of the time), I'm not sure this is bad English.

True, we normally talk about the "distance between" 2 points or ask "how far away" something is; but, although "distance away" is seldom said, there's another meaning that fits better with it than the others.

Picture a dot. Now pick a radius that sweeps around and makes a circle. All those points on the circle are a given distance away from the center.

You'll actually find some websites that calculate the distance between 2 points. For instance, this one:

http://www.distancefromto.net/

If I had time for another project and access to the necessary databases, I'd have fun making a website to list items a given distance away from some place. For example, all cities within 50 miles of another city. Or all restaurants within 20 miles.

Such features are mostly covered by existing websites such as Google Maps. That's one problem with monetizing such a website.

DistanceAway.com isn't an obvious seller. Domainers probably won't make offers -- or only minimal offers.

I don't see brandable value in the domain. Or lucrative applications. So I'd list it for sale between $500 and $2000, depending on your patience or boredom with the domain.

NOTE: That doesn't mean it will sell. I'm just giving you a range for a price listing. I'd personally stick it at $800 or thereabouts and give it 2-3 years before dropping it.

As a name, I think it makes sense for the kind of project I've sketched. And I like it for that purpose. But it's a very limited application.

Do people search for "distance away" in high volume? That might make a difference.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back