IT.COM

Disclaimer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

tony84

Account Closed
Impact
Hi, ive started a new website ive not launched it yet but basically its a health and fitness site, fitnessfanatic.info. Im not a qualified fitness instructer/personal trainer or nutritionist although i am studying to be a personal trainer. Anyway I was wondering if i would have to have a disclaimer to make sure i couldnt get in any trouble if anyone injured themself and if so would you know where i could get 1 from?

Tony

(also not 100% sure if this is the correct category)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Legal Disclaimers

Well...no one else responded to you, so have a gander here:

http://www.tamingthebeast.net/articles/legaldisclaimer.htm

You might keep in mind, however, that disclaimers are often superseded in courts. Simply stating that you are not liable does not automatically absolve you of all liability. Especially in litigious America.

•••
i dunno...it could get you into trouble ...you may want to think about something else...like a game site

•••
majinbuu1023 said:
i dunno...it could get you into trouble ...you may want to think about something else...like a game site

But he doesn't want to put up a gaming site. He wants to put up a fitness site, because he is a fitness fanatic.

Tony,

If you call it a 'blog', no one cares. Go for it.

•••
Hi Tony.

A simple disclaimer is insufficient to guard yourself against, say, the FTC. If
you've heard of Frank Kern, he got into hot water with the FTC for selling
online products without inputting the necessary "legalities" in his websites.

He paid a heavy price, but learned it well and moved on.

I'm not an attorney, but I can tell you that if your website is especially going
to be commercial, you need the following at the very least:

1. Privacy policy
2. Terms Of Service/Terms Of Use
3. Disclaimer
4. Legal Agreement of sorts.

You best consult an attorney about this.

•••
hmm, ok im scared :p
Im only a student i cant get an attorney (im also in the UK if that makes any difference?)

•••

Fer cryin out loud.

You'll find this type of overreaction typical of Americans. I've lived here for 15 years and I still cringe.

Look, start your website and call it a blog. No one is going to care.

•••
ok then fair enough, if i get into any legal difficulties im taking you all down with me :P

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back