Digital Candy has acquired DNF from Epik

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
UK-based company, Digital Candy, has acquired the domain, forum, and other assets of D+N+Forum .com from Epik.

The company is part of the Falbros Group, led by Ryan De Corsie Ewen and the Ewen family. The group has created and collected “over 1000 digital assets and is at the pioneering end of technology,” according to their web site.

Read more @ domaingang.com

t1625543146665910272

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Poor Rob Monster is gonna lose what's left of his mind if threads start up there critical of him.
When it comes to the lack of critical comments about Rob/Epik on DNF, or really much information on this entire debacle, it is hard to know if the subject is being stifled or if that is just the end result of a dead forum.

There are a lot of subjects that are not talked about on there, because there is limited activity overall.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Of course there is a dedicated Canadian forum already that many post at already. Thought it should be mainstream instead of focusing on .ca.
I recently saw this .ca counterpart. The .CA focus appears quite delightful, having a more "provincial" focus for fellow Canadians there. The flip side is that there appears to be generally far less discussion about .CA here on NamePros. That may impact some potential for sales for .CA domains.

Perhaps the new UK-based DNF will have more of a focus on domaining "across the pond."

That might be exciting for companies like Daaz and GoDaddy's UK subsidiary?

•••
Last edited:
•••
Wow!! Go Ryan!! 😮😮😮😮💯💯

Looking forward to seeing d n f rise back to the top!!

Last edited:
•••
DNF: the new owner should remove those ads on the site that are promoting Kingdom Ventures, DNAdvocate and DNProtect asap.

It is a good move for them to purchase that forum, though, as I've seen companies buy other sites (like forums, blogs, news sites) in their niche and they've doing pretty well. Especially if you're an ecom-related site, buying content sites will help your site's SEO and visibility. Best of luck to the new owners.

•••
Some brains seem to lose all their ability to understand... dead forum is dead = dead name is dead = dead investment. (Brand-reanimation can be quite costly 7fig ).

Regards

•••
Some brains seem to lose all their ability to understand... dead forum is dead = dead name is dead = dead investment. (Brand-reanimation can be quite costly 7fig ).

Regards

Not sure how long you have been around, but I have been around for a little bit, and I remember the time when it was a great forum, much better than this one. I look forward to there being multiple platforms for us all to gather on again, instead of everything, being centralized to this forum and you should too!

•••
May be they buy it using Masterbucks?
I used to be one of the owner of the forum when we bought it from Dicker.

•••
Interesting , maybe they can build it back up to old day status .

•••
Who was Dicker?
And what was your experience as one of the former owners? Do you have any suggestions for the new owners?
This may be an exciting time and beneficial to both NamePros and DNF. Having more online discussion about the domain industry may be helpful.

•••

Quick question did the domain d n f.com come with your purchase? I remember using that to load the forum in the day.

•••
Who was Dicker?
And what was your experience as one of the former owners? Do you have any suggestions for the new owners?
This may be an exciting time and beneficial to both NamePros and D N F. Having more online discussion about the domain industry may be helpful.

I believe the og owner (a Canadian) if memory serves correctly. I am going on a limb here, my receptors are shot 😂😂

Last edited:
•••
Adam Dicker. The domain name did not come with the sale.

•••
•••
Not sure how long you have been around, but I have been around for a little bit, and I remember the time when it was a great forum, much better than this one. I look forward to there being multiple platforms for us all to gather on again, instead of everything, being centralized to this forum and you should too!
The forum has been kind of irrelevant for years now. It was already trending down before Adam Dicker sold it.

Still, I believe there is room for more than one domain forum. Though, I am skeptical DNF will ever get close to its former glory.

Normally declining forums keep going in the same direction.

Brad

•••
Still, I believe there is room for more than one domain forum. Though, I am skeptical DNF will ever get close to its former glory.

Normally declining forums keep going in the same direction.
They key may end up being expanding the focus. So, instead of primarily domain names and marketing/parking, but more discussion about website development and maintenance. This would allow also a larger advertising base.

Last edited:
•••
•••
They key may end up being expanding the focus. So, instead of primarily domain names and marketing/parking, but more discussion about website development and maintenance. This would allow also a larger advertising base.
Possibly. It can be really hard to revive a forum on a downward trajectory.
We will see what happens.

Brad

•••
Falbros Group, Ryan De Corsie Ewen, Ewen family:

Please join the discussion, and tell us a bit more about your plans with the forum.

Last edited:
•••
With the right staff and strategy anything can happen.

•••
Commodore, Amiga ... dial-up ... etc

Agree but many have tried vs NPs and failed.

Regards

I stopped reading at commodore and bowed my head lol

•••
•••
IMO update the design and possibly software without hurting seo, give us a mobile app and start feeding it traffic until it rises back to the former glory. I personally am looking forward to diversity and posting there again.

•••
One of the owner did not have the skills to manage and run the forum but he told me I have to do what he said so I sold my shares and get out. I was a Mod, Admin for that forum for years when I worked with Dicker. It went down the hill after I left.
I have been in IT for 36 years, ran several companies and 8 years in domain forum and he tell me what to do? Good luck!

•••
With the right staff and strategy anything can happen.
Of course, we all know that no other competitor would be able to beat the namePros forum, right!? :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back