Dynadot

Can you tell me what mistakes you made in domain investing

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

andrewwilliams54323

Account Suspended (Warnings)
Impact
Can you tell me what mistakes you made in domain investing because mistakes teach us a lot?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I had registered a lot of cheap .xyz domains one time. They were single word keywords, but now it has no sense to me. Like Spider.xyz
Some such names are selling for 50k$ today, but again, to me they have no sense.

Last edited:
•••
In retrospect, my biggest mistake was getting into domain investing.
Same. Im now dropping them all as I realise that this was a mistake.

•••
Like Spider.xyz
At first I chuckled a bit, but than I think It might have sense and sounds nice as a name for web crawler for example or other IT stuff, I would hold it

•••
Never buy for nostalgia or emotion. If you cannot think of 10+ ways to make profit organically, then it will require too much time to make profitable. If you have to convince yourself to buy it, then don't. Listen to your insticts and not your emotions. Good hunting!

Last edited:
•••
I've also bought domains with company names / trademarks in them, even to make fan sites. Not advisable.

•••
I had registered a lot of cheap .xyz domains one time. They were single word keywords, but now it has no sense to me. Like Spider.xyz
Some such names are selling for 50k$ today, but again, to me they have no sense.
I suspect Spider.xyz would sell if in the hands of Swetha

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back