Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

.DEV DELUGE

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

cabotower

Top Member
Impact
3,950
.homes is so yesterday.get ready for the .dev stampede.are ya in?giddy up!
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I found various dictionary words and numeric domains marked as "premium" by Google (premium first year price AND premium renewal!)

Yes, an important point. I did some exploring at Google domains earlier in the week to find some of the premium renewal rates for .dev - see my post above (and the longer article linked in that).

https://www.namepros.com/threads/dev-deluge.1121139/#post-7118312

I think the premium renewals make these risky domain investor holds in many cases, although the rates are not so high that most end user companies probably care much.

Bob
 
0
•••
A couple of points. I discovered there are two threads on .dev. I won't repeat it here, but I just did a long post on the other thread at this link.

I am blown away both by how many .dev registrations there are, and how many .dev websites are up and running - 49 in Alexa 1M already!

I am not sure if others have reported this, but apparently (from Namecheap tweet) both blockchain and bitcoin sold for $22,000 each during EAP. I presume big price renewal also.

Anyway, the interesting thing is that blockchain.dev is now running as a redirect to trustedblockchain.com, that seems devoted to economic justice so is using .dev in a broader sense than code development.

Bob

PS In case did not see it there is a new DNWire article out as .dev rolls past 64,000 registrations.
 
Last edited:
1
•••
If ordinary, Mom and Pop users, don't register and develop sites in a gTLD, then the gTLD will become a zombie TLD with little usage and just renewal fees. Google has demonstrated no in-depth understanding of the domain name business and is just cargo-culting along. The problem is that reserving too many premium domains kills natural domainer interest in many of these new gTLDs because it destroys the whole land rush phase of a TLD's launch. No land rush buzz = no awareness = no reason to develop sites.

Google's main problem is a lack of innovation and too many copycat ideas like Google Plus, Google Buzz etc. Its new gTLDs are no different.

Regards...jmcc
 
1
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back