domains Detour.com has quite the history, expires and closes at $65,006

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Detour.com was registered in 1994 and sold for $15,000 on Moniker in 2009. The domain name was then developed into a GPS based audio talks website. The company was self funded by Groupon founder and former CEO Andrew Mason. They described themselves as: Detour is a brand new way to experience the world. Gorgeous audio […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Really interested to see what happens with this, it is ripe for development - has a great backlink profile

•••
Next time we hear it sells itll be 6fig

•••
Next time we hear it sells itll be 6fig
Probably so......if it does not get developed then it could make the new owner some decent money from parking.......

•••
Really interested to see what happens with this, it is ripe for development - has a great backlink profile

Yes a company like Bose should have never let the domain name expire after they acquired the business. But I think because they only wanted the tech, they did not even take the people, the domain name was forgotten about.

•••
Yes a company like Bose should have never let the domain name expire after they acquired the business. But I think because they only wanted the tech, they did not even take the people, the domain name was forgotten about.
It is crazy that they would let such a valuable asset drop - do you reckon it was intentional then? Or did someone maybe drop the ball?

•••
It is crazy that they would let such a valuable asset drop - do you reckon it was intentional then? Or did someone maybe drop the ball?

I think just dropped the ball. They were focused on the tech. Mason who is a smart entrepreneur should have worked something out to retain the domain name after a transition period.

•••
Detour.com was registered in 1994 and sold for $15,000 on Moniker in 2009. The domain name was then developed into a GPS based audio talks website. The company was self funded by Groupon founder and former CEO Andrew Mason. They described themselves as: Detour is a brand new way to experience the world. Gorgeous audio […]

Continue Reading

Judging by the changes that took place in usage, I guess you can say it took a detour to make a sale. ;)

•••
This domain detour.com was already listed last year as expired and was renewed before transfer. I think this will happen again.
Same examples were the domains bands.net, clubs.net, exotic.net, dive.net. This names were also renewed in the last minute. This year I have won the auction for band.net and lost before transfer. Last year I have won the auction for dive.net and clubs.net.

•••
Why are they selling this domain name?

•••
Why are they selling this domain name?
No this domain was expired and listed on godaddy expiration auction this year and last year too.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back