NameSilo

Detour.com has quite the history, expires and closes at $65,006

Labeled as domains in Domain Industry News, started by equity78, Sep 20, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. equity78

equity78 Top Member TheDomains Staff TLDInvestors.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Detour.com was registered in 1994 and sold for $15,000 on Moniker in 2009. The domain name was then developed into a GPS based audio talks website. The company was self funded by Groupon founder and former CEO Andrew Mason. They described themselves as: Detour is a brand new way to experience the world. Gorgeous audio […]

Continue Reading

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. NickB

NickB Wales.org VIP

Really interested to see what happens with this, it is ripe for development - has a great backlink profile

3. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

Next time we hear it sells itll be 6fig

4. NickB

NickB Wales.org VIP

Probably so......if it does not get developed then it could make the new owner some decent money from parking.......

5. equity78

Yes a company like Bose should have never let the domain name expire after they acquired the business. But I think because they only wanted the tech, they did not even take the people, the domain name was forgotten about.

6. NickB

NickB Wales.org VIP

It is crazy that they would let such a valuable asset drop - do you reckon it was intentional then? Or did someone maybe drop the ball?

7. equity78

I think just dropped the ball. They were focused on the tech. Mason who is a smart entrepreneur should have worked something out to retain the domain name after a transition period.

8. Rick Ace

Rick Ace Top Contributor VIP

Judging by the changes that took place in usage, I guess you can say it took a detour to make a sale. ;)

9. Daehler Ralph

Daehler Ralph Upgraded Member Blue Account

This domain detour.com was already listed last year as expired and was renewed before transfer. I think this will happen again.
    Same examples were the domains bands.net, clubs.net, exotic.net, dive.net. This names were also renewed in the last minute. This year I have won the auction for band.net and lost before transfer. Last year I have won the auction for dive.net and clubs.net.

10. Mytz.com

Mytz.com Top 4L [email protected] IEIE.com CUTU.com NESU.com KKIK.com VIP Gold Account

Why are they selling this domain name?

11. Daehler Ralph

Daehler Ralph Upgraded Member Blue Account

No this domain was expired and listed on godaddy expiration auction this year and last year too.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice