IT.COM

Definition of end user / wholesale / reseller terms?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
terms?

I'm confused what end-user, wholesale, and terms along those lines mean. I see them a lot in appraisal forum

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
end user i beleive is if you look for the right buyer
wholesale is undeveloped and just a domain

•••
End user is for someone that is already established and that could find intererest in a particular name.

Wholesale is for the domain name by itself. No development whatsoever.

Hope that helps. Anyother terms you're unsure of?

•••
Originally posted by FruitFish
End user is for someone that is already established and that could find intererest in a particular name.

Wholesale is for the domain name by itself. No development whatsoever.

:bingo:

When I use the term reseller pricing, I'm referring to what you can expect to get if put up for sale to domain resellers, for instance on the sales forums here at NamePros, eBay, etc. Also could be thought of as a 'Quick Sale' price.

End user or retail value refers to a fair price if the "ideal" buyer is located. It usually takes effort and salesmanship to sell domains at this premium pricing, though sometimes you'll luck out and be approached by a motivated buyer.

•••
:O I thought that end user meant the person that actually uses it in the end...? I'm guessing that's wrong now?

•••
Thanks for the very nice descriptive answers. The mystery is solved. :)

•••
Originally posted by Lord
:O I thought that end user meant the person that actually uses it in the end...? I'm guessing that's wrong now?

Same thing, actually. The 'ideal' buyer RJ mentioned would be someone with a real use for the domain, i.e., development as a primary or complementary website, or for search engine optimization. 'In the end', they actually put the domain to good use.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back