IT.COM

domain deepfakes.net

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NotFromBayArea

Established Member
Impact
A technology used to create fake, but realistic, images and video using AI.
Similar domains have sold for:

deepfakes.de - $346 - 2018-02-05 - Sedo

deepfakes.com - $5,000 - 2018-04-12 - Sedo
(currently in auction with a min. offer of $50,000 and 21 bids)

Any feedback much appreciated!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm not familiar with the technology at all .. so there most certainly could be some underlying value there based on the specific tech niche.

Aside from that however, as a brandable (which is how I would have otherwise of categorised it) I don't see much value in it.

That being said .. this is a good example of how a new domainer can still be successful if they have knowledge of a particular niche that most other domainers aren't familiar with.

Don't be afraid to buy such domains if you're sure about (or are confident in betting on) the technology behind the name. .net is not what it used to be, but still can work in the technology niche. That being said it really needs to be a strong term to even have some chance of selling in .net.

Because I have no knowledge of the technology it's a $0 domain in my eyes .. but again .. that doesn't mean it doesn't have value .. best of luck with it! :)

•••
•••
Thank you so much for the replies! :)

it really needs to be a strong term to even have some chance of selling in .net
Do you think it's reasonable to assume that the domain should be worth somewhere in-between the .de and .com prices, but towards the .de end? I don't know if you can make those kinds of generalizations in this business, but I assume the .net is more valuable than the .de since it is much more connected to tech.

I can't post links on this new account, but if you're interested in seeing what the tech is about, you can look up the recent "Steve Buscemi Jennifer Lawrence deepfake" for example.

Definitely a hold
Great to hear! Do you think the holding time would be measured in months, say until the .com auction is over, or in years?

•••
... Since the earlier posters appear to have vanished off the face of the Earth - would any other knowledgeable user like to chime in?

•••
Do you think it's reasonable to assume that the domain should be worth somewhere in-between the .de and .com prices

Probably closer to the .de price but possibly even lower. .NET = very unpopular. You never know what a domain will sell for to an end user but to another domainer you won't get much. Try your best to find the end-user and start now.

•••
•••
I am very new in this industry and trying to learn but still would love to share my views on this.

I personally feel that if one domain with .de is sold for some amount that doesn't mean that .net will also have the same or similar value. Because someone from Germany just bought .de domain because its a country level domain name and the business must be local.

While .com is always going to be king and no other extension will ever come close to .com. (Don't mind, its just my view and i am a newbie in domaining but experienced web developer and have worked with different people around the world and in the field of web development since decades).

both domains which were sold has same value for the end users. The one you own can be sold between $100 - $1000 if you have power to hold and have patience. The only thing can make you lucky and give you more than 1k is that the person having .com is a large company and decides to have .net as well.

Sorry if i didn't make sense and i will repeat i am not yet good with domaining (but will be best soon) :)

Best of luck!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back